2019 JL Engine Options

OP
jchadscud

jchadscud

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Nov 27, 2017
Dallas, TX
Nice. I’ve heard good things about the 2.0. The fact that it feels quicker is a nice touch. Mpg should be a tad better with that engine also.
Yeah, they quote some insane city figure, but I’m guessing that’s based on letting the Start/Stop feature kill the engine when idling. I’m not a big fan of that option, but I get how it saves.

Artemis

TJ Enthusiast
Jul 17, 2018
New Madison, Ohio
The ESS (start/stop) took some time getting used to. But it doesn't bother me now. I ordered the 3.6 because I know it's a proven engine. However, on the forums and people I have talked to, they really enjoy their turbos. I think I read they are really nice at high altitude areas. I personally love the 8 speed tranny. It makes my husband's JKU feel almost "sluggish"? I think that's what I'm looking for. It just doesn't feel as responsive compared to my JL.

Reactions: Starrs

ErikOffroad

TJ Enthusiast
Nov 13, 2018
Texas
We got the jl with the v6 8speed auto. I got spooked by the 4 cyl because I was on the jl wrangler forum almost every day leading up to the mojito green paint being available for order. At some point early in the 2.0 production there was a bunch of them sitting on a holding lot and one spontaneously combusted and burned down about 15 jeeps. The rumors going around was that the battery pack on the 4 cyl started the fire. Also the weld issue Is solved. It only affected about 4000 units. Lucky we did not get one of those . Had it since July and it’s been holding up really well. Hav around 5500 miles on it now.

Reactions: Starrs and Artemis