2019 JL Engine Options

Nice. I’ve heard good things about the 2.0. The fact that it feels quicker is a nice touch. Mpg should be a tad better with that engine also.

Yeah, they quote some insane city figure, but I’m guessing that’s based on letting the Start/Stop feature kill the engine when idling. I’m not a big fan of that option, but I get how it saves.

The ESS (start/stop) took some time getting used to. But it doesn't bother me now. I ordered the 3.6 because I know it's a proven engine. However, on the forums and people I have talked to, they really enjoy their turbos. I think I read they are really nice at high altitude areas. I personally love the 8 speed tranny. It makes my husband's JKU feel almost "sluggish"? I think that's what I'm looking for. It just doesn't feel as responsive compared to my JL.

Reactions: Starrs
We got the jl with the v6 8speed auto. I got spooked by the 4 cyl because I was on the jl wrangler forum almost every day leading up to the mojito green paint being available for order. At some point early in the 2.0 production there was a bunch of them sitting on a holding lot and one spontaneously combusted and burned down about 15 jeeps. The rumors going around was that the battery pack on the 4 cyl started the fire. Also the weld issue Is solved. It only affected about 4000 units. Lucky we did not get one of those . Had it since July and it’s been holding up really well. Hav around 5500 miles on it now.

Reactions: Starrs and Artemis
Guys , the new Rubicons look tough . I love the hood , the whole package just looks aggressive.

Reactions: Starrs