2022 Grand Wagoneer

Well, obviously to me we have a lot of Jeep owners that couldn't afford one, so they have to knock it. I traded my 364 day old JL for a Wagoneer. I have owned a lot of cars, including the high end stuff. Loved my three Tahoes. Bought the JL in hopes it could replace the Tahoe.. Talk about a joke, not even close. It's a Wrangler, it'll never be anything more. I love my Wranglers (as you can see from the signature) but there are other vehicles kids!!! I am 90% sure I am trading out my TJ finally. Replacing with a vanilla 2 door JL, test driving one this week with the four in it :oops: omg.. This will get real bumpers, winch, a front locker, maybe 33" tires, and little more. Maybe a 3" lift, but going to try to do without it, we'll see, it's my knock around town and off road vehicle. The old TJ has 200k on it, and the repairs are getting annoying and untimely.
Back to the Wagoneer, I have to say; Had I done the due dilligence that I normally do, read the HORROR stories of those built in 2021, the stories are endless (almost all computer stuff) I never would have even looked at it. I am lucky, mine was built in February, 4,000 miles and not a issue. It is without question the smoothest riding car I've ever owned. Back in the 90's when I was on the road 50k+ a year, I went through two Caddy Seville STS's, A Lincoln Mark 5 plus several BMW's, a Porsche and a Mercedes. This Wagoneer is all it's supposed to be. Only complaint I have is that I didn't go for the Grand Wagoneer, with the 392 and tow package. I am likely going to get the JL in the spring and we'll see about a Grand Wagoneer after that.

22 Wagoneer3.jpg

How long will it be before all this stupid crap is "standard" on everything, forcing people to buy it whether they want it or not. That vehicle is just stupid. Or maybe I should say "stupider" as ALL new vehicles are already stupid.

Buh bye DB.
Well, obviously to me we have a lot of Jeep owners that couldn't afford one, so they have to knock it. I traded my 364 day old JL for a Wagoneer. I have owned a lot of cars, including the high end stuff. Loved my three Tahoes. Bought the JL in hopes it could replace the Tahoe.. Talk about a joke, not even close. It's a Wrangler, it'll never be anything more. I love my Wranglers (as you can see from the signature) but there are other vehicles kids!!! I am 90% sure I am trading out my TJ finally. Replacing with a vanilla 2 door JL, test driving one this week with the four in it :oops: omg.. This will get real bumpers, winch, a front locker, maybe 33" tires, and little more. Maybe a 3" lift, but going to try to do without it, we'll see, it's my knock around town and off road vehicle. The old TJ has 200k on it, and the repairs are getting annoying and untimely.
Back to the Wagoneer, I have to say; Had I done the due dilligence that I normally do, read the HORROR stories of those built in 2021, the stories are endless (almost all computer stuff) I never would have even looked at it. I am lucky, mine was built in February, 4,000 miles and not a issue. It is without question the smoothest riding car I've ever owned. Back in the 90's when I was on the road 50k+ a year, I went through two Caddy Seville STS's, A Lincoln Mark 5 plus several BMW's, a Porsche and a Mercedes. This Wagoneer is all it's supposed to be. Only complaint I have is that I didn't go for the Grand Wagoneer, with the 392 and tow package. I am likely going to get the JL in the spring and we'll see about a Grand Wagoneer after that.

View attachment 338051

But bye DB. Sorry that us peasants can't relate with the likes of your kind.

View attachment 338051

I agree with you I looked at a Grand Wagoneer, considering getting rid of my 2015 Yukon Denali. The inside is one of the nicest interior I have ever seen, it makes my wife MB look like a Honda Civic. But I do also agree with a few others the back end does nothing for me, Now I personally like the front end. The one draw back I had was you can not open the rear window only the whole thing. I have had too many things fall out the back of my Yukon when I have open the rear hatch, now I open the rear window then if anything looks like it might fall out I can push it back a bit and eliminate that issue.

Now I like my big cars, this is my second Yukon and a Tahoe before that, and many years ago I had 2 FULL SIZE Blazers. The dealer had a $20k markup on top of the MSRP, I asked him are they willing to come down on that now that gas is $6.00+ a gallon, his answer was yea that added $20k is negotiable I said oh I am sure it is :ROFLMAO:

Most that buy one probably don't even know what it cost them. They just look at the monthly payment, not the whole financial picture, sadly.

I have a friend that put a down payment on one a couple months ago. 4-6 month wait for it to arrive, and you are correct, it is just a payment calculation and a business write-off. Not a single thought about the total price of over 100k.

I get it if you have the funds who cares, go for it, but dang that thing is ugly.

Reactions: MaximusLJR06
I have a friend that put a down payment on one a couple months ago. 4-6 month wait for it to arrive, and you are correct, it is just a payment calculation and a business write-off. Not a single thought about the total price of over 100k.

I get it if you have the funds who cares, go for it, but dang that thing is ugly.

I can't say as I think its any more ugly than any other large SUV is these days. *shrug*

However, the phrase "More money than brains..." comes to mind.

I can't say as I think its any more ugly than any other large SUV is these days. *shrug*

However, the phrase "More money than brains..." comes to mind.

So you have met my friend......he was in Florida a while ago.

Reactions: Zorba
I don’t mind boxy vehicles, but the proportions of the rear end are just way off. And it looks like a new Grand Cherokee from the front. I’d be surprised if these are still being produced 5 years from now. There are such better options in the segment.

This vehicle fits right in the mix of what is being made today for full sized SUVs.

FWIW .. there is a market for all these big 3 row luxury SUVs, otherwise they won't be getting made and they won't be selling at the rate they do. No automaker wants their vehicles to fail, esp flagship ones like the subject matter of this thread. It's just that a large number of people on this forum do not belong in the expected marketbase for these vehicles.

The same argument can be made for trucks that are getting made these days as well. And how many people here own newer trucks, and intend to buy newer trucks?

Last edited:
Reactions: freedom_in_4low
This vehicle fits right in the mix of what is being made today for full sized SUVs.

FWIW .. there is a market for all these big 3 row luxury SUVs, otherwise they won't be getting made and they won't be selling at the rate they do. No automaker wants their vehicles to fail, esp flagship ones like the subject matter of this thread. It's just that a large number of people on this forum do not belong in the expected marketbase for these vehicles.

The same argument can be made for trucks that are getting made these days as well. And how many people here own newer trucks, and intend to buy newer trucks?
What happened to the Jalopnik article?

In any event, more mediocrity...

What happened to the Jalopnik article?

In any event, more mediocrity...

I removed the link .. There was only onea spect of that article that was relevant here, rest was a tangent. And that aspect was that all the modern 3 row SUVs are kind of similar to each other. Jeep is just the latest kid on the block in that sense.

Just got back from wheelin in the Bighorn's with the old Grey Mare (my TJ). My Wagoneer towed it 650 miles round trip with the cruise set at 71 getting 12.9mpg. Towed a lot of boats weighing about the same 5500lbs behind my Tahoes, never saw 11mpg. I'm happy with the Wagoneer for certain!

View attachment 339873

What’s the tow rating on the Wagon?

Just noticed the Grand Wagoneer does not have any Jeep badges on it; that I saw while passing one.
Additionally, no mention of Jeep in their commercials.
What gives?

Wagoneer is now a brand on its own, like Ram.

View attachment 338051

I am more interested in the "hurricane" 500 hp turbo charged inline 6 they are going to start putting in them.