231 vs 241 savvy shifter cable: Whats different?

RD3

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I have the cable on my 231. I'm changing to a 241 TC. Wondering if I can modify mine to work on the 241. Anyone done this or know what's different between the 2?

I was shipped the one for the 231 when I have a 241. The diff was pretty minimal and you can email Savvy about buying the small bits of difference - Michael is the guy I usually talk to there. What I remember in my parts bin was all on the transfer case end.

* TC bracket
* TC connector is another spring head on the 241 + a head on the lever instead of a cotter pin through a C around the actuator on the TC itself

The tub bracket, attachment to the tub lever and whole cable were all the same.

I was digging through the parts bin for something else and stumbled on the 231 pieces.

May as we’ll document this for anyone else looking:

231 kit pieces I didn’t use:

image.jpg

Vs the bracket on the TC and the connection to the TC:

image.jpg

Reactions: jjvw
I was digging through the parts bin for something else and stumbled on the 231 pieces.

Thanks rasband. I think I can fab a new bracket but will call and see if I can get the new cable end for the t-case shift lever.

Where's your profile picture taken? Looks like Chinamans gulch

you nailed it :) I don’t remember who took it, but I think @tworley was the photographer. It’s really helped understand my rig in real world scenarios.

Reactions: RD3