285/70R17 with 3 Rubbing

myjeep3

TJ Enthusiast
I am running 285/70r17 with a 3" suspension lift and my front wheels are rubbing at full turn while moving.
Anyone with this issue? is a spacer needed, what size?

IMG_2840.jpg

That will fix it

Will definitely try it. Not a big fun of spacers.

I also haven't gotten an alignment since I replace all of the suspension and lifted the jeep. Would that add to the rubbing issue?

I noticed that the rubbing seem to be only on the driver side tire. It rubs on the lower control arm when I fully turn the wheel to the left. It wont touch it if i turn the wheel all the way while the car is stationed. It will only touch when i fully turn while moving.

The steering stops are on the other side, and no issues there.

Any thoughts?

I noticed that the rubbing seem to be only on the driver side tire. It rubs on the lower control arm when I fully turn the wheel to the left. It wont touch it if i turn the wheel all the way while the car is stationed. It will only touch when i fully turn while moving.

Any thoughts?
Your axle isn’t centered - do you have an adjustable track bar?

Reactions: CodaMan

Any thoughts?

There's a steering stop on each side. Put a washer or two behind the passenger side steering stop.

Last edited:
There's a steering stop on each side. Put a washer or two behind the drivers side steering stop.

Those steering stops are on the wrong side. On mine, the tire is rubbing on the lower control arm when it is turned outward

Those steering stops are on the wrong side. On mine, the tire is rubbing on the lower control arm when it is turned outward

Yes. When the wheel is turned full drivers side the tire is hitting the drivers side lower control arm before it hits the drivers side steering stop. Put a washer or two on the Passenger side steering stop OR adjust your track bar to move the entire axle to the drivers side.

Last edited:
Yes. When the wheel is turned full drivers side the tire is hitting the drivers side lower control arm before it hits the drivers side steering stop. Put a washer or two on the DRIVERS SIDE steering stop OR adjust your track bar to move the entire axle to the drivers side.
Do you mean put the washer on the passenger steering stop??
the driver side tire is whats touching the lower arm.

When you turn driver's the steering stop on the passenger knuckle stops the travel. The reason it doesn't contact unless you're in motion is that the forces of trying to turn the vehicle pull the tire in just a bit more, causing the rub.

When you turn driver's the steering stop on the passenger knuckle stops the travel. The reason it doesn't contact unless you're in motion is that the forces of trying to turn the vehicle pull the tire in just a bit more, causing the rub.

OK makes sense..so i need a stop on passenger side.

Before playing around with the steering stops on either side... I would do as others have suggested and make sure the body is centered to the differential by doing either a visual of how the tire lines up with the fender flairs OR measuring from the outer edge of the coil spring to the side of the tire and adjust the trac bar accordingly...