3” Teraflex lift front drive line issues

Craig 06 TJ

So I spent the past few days installing my Teraflex 3” lift kit. Didn’t finish because rust seized up 3/4 bolts in the upper rear shock mounts (absolutely destroyed those). The kit came with springs, shocks, sway bar end links, and transfer case skid plate spacers. I thought the spacers would be enough to clear the front drive line. Turns out I was wrong. While I was under there changing out a U-Joint I noticed the drive line was resting on the second skid plate that’s only under the transmission, not the transfer case. Was wondering if this skid plate is supposed to be load bearing and that’s why it’s there or if I can ditch it? Tech support guy at Teraflex said he runs an earlier Tj and it never had that front skid plate. I’ve come here for wisdom.

9AD2C39F-F072-4224-999B-E8E70E5FFBFE.jpeg

E3DA0997-E47D-43C4-AFA4-C0165220180E.jpeg

It only came on autos. Take it off if you want. However, if you wheel it and hit your skids frequently, you may want to find other protection for that area.

Any suggestions as far as where I should look for replacements?
Do you actually need it? Have you bottomed out on your skids yet or intend to wheel where you might? If so, "where" depends in your budget. Savvy and UCF are excellent aluminum skids. Just do a search for engine skids on here.

Reactions: IPerkWVU and DuncLJ