3.8 Exhaust Manifold Crack

f22beaver

TJ Enthusiast
Last time I checked I don't think cracks were a design future of exhaust manifolds. 🤣 I have the cats removed for replacement and I thought I had an exhaust leak, so that's how I got here.

Two questions then;

1) would any of you all try to weld repair this or do I just need to buy a new one? Used are still about $75 so not exactly cheap.
2) I only pulled the driver side because the bolt on the back flange was broken so it needed replaced. If I have a broken driver side does that mean I likely have a broken passenger side?

PXL_20221021_185758344.jpg

Boo!!! Get the torches!!!!

Yeah, don't get me started. Jeep's shouldn't have 4 doors but I also have three kids and a wife that want to take rides together. 🤷 And since you cannot legally (or safely!!) go 3 wide in the back of a TJ I figured it was time. The TJ is soooooo much easier to work on.

I found a Rubicon for a pretty good deal that needs some work but I'm happy with it. One thing that's completely different is zero body rust!!

Yeah, don't get me started. Jeep's shouldn't have 4 doors but I also have three kids and a wife that want to take rides together. 🤷 And since you cannot legally (or safely!!) go 3 wide in the back of a TJ I figured it was time. The TJ is soooooo much easier to work on.

I found a Rubicon for a pretty good deal that needs some work but I'm happy with it. One thing that's completely different is zero body rust!!

I'm just busting your balls..the only reason I don't own a jk is the stupid prices here on the west coast.