3 Best "Accessories" for your TJ

I think roof racks may work for some people, but for me it would never work. I'm short and putting objects up there would be a pain and not very accessible. It gets in the way of removing my hardtop, which I love and will never run anything else. I've always preferred carrying stuff on a cargo rack or by trailer.

It doesn't look like those have an aux cord. Do they only have Bluetooth? It'd be neat if they had both.
Mine only has an aux cord, it is in place of the 2nd channel preset. In the event they also offer a Bluetooth model which I do not doubt they would also be a solution. I just prefer a hardwired connection.

IMG_5868.JPG

I think roof racks may work for some people, but for me it would never work. I'm short and putting objects up there would be a pain and not very accessible. It gets in the way of removing my hardtop, which I love and will never run anything else. I've always preferred carrying stuff on a cargo rack or by trailer.
I hated having my TJ and not having a roof rack lol. The 10 extra minutes it takes to remove the soft/hard top is nothing compared to the ease of tying down kayaks/cargo/equipment. I need every little inch of interior space possible in my TJ :). I wish I could run a trailer, that would be awesome!

I do see where you are coming from, the roof rack was extremely easy to use with a stock height TJ. I really do think a lifted Jeep makes it a hassle to use.

Which one you got? I've kinda been curious about getting one once we move to the PNW and I live near the sand again.
Sorry, got lost on @Ahoragi's post...
I've got a Viair 88P. It works very well for my 31" tires. I haven't run up against the duty cycle yet (Over heating) but I imagine that you might with a 33" or bigger tire. Get a good tire gauge to go with it, as the one built into the pump is next to useless.

Reactions: EJD
Sorry, got lost on @Ahoragi's post...
I've got a Viair 88P. It works very well for my 31" tires. I haven't run up against the duty cycle yet (Over heating) but I imagine that you might with a 33" or bigger tire. Get a good tire gauge to go with it, as the one built into the pump is next to useless.

I’ve got 33’s and the 88p. I can go from 19psi to 30 with no problem. My buddy used it on his 31’s and it went noticeably quicker. Agree, the built in gauge is off. It seems to be consistently off at least. Digital tire gauge and a set of tire deflator make the whole process much nicer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: StG58
Hey, I want to ask more about the seat risers, I havent heard much about tha mod. I guess raising the rear seat gives a higher view point and a little under the seat storage?? are there other benefits?

1) Spider shade. Indispensable in Tx sun
2) Seat Risers. Nothing cool about having to look at the road through the arch of steering wheel and the dash! For 03-06 TJs only
3) BT stereo w Powered subwoofer. Gotta have tunes

hey why seat risers for the 03-06 only??? i have a 97 tj

hey why seat risers for the 03-06 only??? i have a 97 tj
The seats in the earlier model TJ's are already sitting higher. I can't remember why they changed them, but when I got my 05' I felt like I was sitting really low. It's bc I was. The seat risers make it more like the earlier models. It helps shorter people feel normal in the Jeep and gives more room under for a Tuffy lockbox. It's only the front seats that need risers. The rear sits nice.

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
The seats in the earlier model TJ's are already sitting higher. I can't remember why they changed them, but when I got my 05' I felt like I was sitting really low. It's bc I was. The seat risers make it more like the earlier models. It helps shorter people feel normal in the Jeep and gives more room under for a Tuffy lockbox. It's only the front seats that need risers. The rear sits nice.
Airbag regulations were the reason for the seat change. I should have listed that on my list also, Buchanan seat risers made it much better. Every 2003+ TJ I have had got those in short order.

Airbag regulations were the reason for the seat change. I should have listed that on my list also, Buchanan seat risers made it much better. Every 2003+ TJ I have had got those in short order.
This clears things up. I had always wondered why people got seat risers as I thought the seats were a great height: 1998 TJ Tho :)

Reactions: JMT
This clears things up. I had always wondered why people got seat risers as I thought the seats were a great height: 1998 TJ Tho :)
It is entirely personal. Some have found the later seats just fine, others too low, others too high. All depends on your 'butt' specifications, I guess.

So are yall buying the portable air pump or permanent install version ??
this is the first ive heard of the Viair pump what model are you talking about. looks like a cool unit.. are you using it as a portable, or are you mounting it under the hood?
Sorry about that...got sidetracked.

I have a tool bag for all of my misc tools and bits and pieces. The Viair goes in there. That way when we take the wife's Jeep it can go, or in my Jeep. Hard mounts are nice, but not needed for my situation.

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
Accessories!! I didn't have anything to contribute as I'm just trying to get tj pieced together with cleaned up stock parts. But I placed my first order through amazon and in the box with my bar pin kit came a quadrtec magazine. @Dave K. has had them laying around for years but I never REALLY looked at it, at least with the eyes I have now for my tj. OMG! They have every accessory a person could imagine! Now my wish list has increased ten fold. New hood latches, stubby bumper end caps, locking storage case, bigger tray for dash with phone holder, new center console, or at least a lock as mine is broke, on and on and on... and this doesn't include my current list of needs . I'll have to chime back on my favorites once I start getting them. Right now fluid film is my favorite :grazy:

Reactions: StG58