3 hour wait time at Sonic

Looks like someone needs a Dometic fridge, mine goes to -8
I haven't admitted it yet, but my plan to get an LJ was sparked by the need to get Braum's ice cream back to Colorado from Oklahoma. I wouldn't be driving the LJ there, but I can't justify a fridge that won't fit in my Jeep.

I kid, I kid.

But seriously...that's a good idea.

Plus that'll make more room in the cooler to bring home ranch dressing from Mazzio's pizza. :unsure:

I've never enjoyed sonic.

I also dont see the obsession with Chick fil-A. The one near our neghborhood always has a line wrapped around the corner.

I do enjoy CFA, but it's hard for me to separate the food from the service. Would they still be as popular with the exact same food but a McDonald's attitude and staffing level? I'm guessing not.

I haven't admitted it yet, but my plan to get an LJ was sparked by the need to get Braum's ice cream back to Colorado from Oklahoma. I wouldn't be driving the LJ there, but I can't justify a fridge that won't fit in my Jeep.

I kid, I kid.

But seriously...that's a good idea.

Plus that'll make more room in the cooler to bring home ranch dressing from Mazzio's pizza. :unsure:
My fridge fits behind the rear seat in the LJ, just so you know ;)

I don't do "Apps", smartphones, or "devices". Just sayin'.
Yeah, if you had to feed three little kids then you’d appreciate free stuff that you get through the apps.

I think I’ve only gotten food at sonic twice but grabbing some slushes has happened quite a bit and works well on a hot day in a topless Jeep.

In my opinion the burger joints that look like they were built in the '50s, '60s and '70s usually don't disappoint.

There's a place in Buena Vista, Colorado that legitimately was built in the 60s (or at least has been in business since). K's Dairy Delite. You drive or walk up and order from a window. Instead of calling your name or a number they call the name of an actor, character, or other historical figure. Last time I was Neil Armstrong.

I make a point to stop there when I pass through.

I still think Five Guys is some of the best burgers and fries I've ever had at least in terms of chain restaurants / fast food.

I love their burgers, but dayum they're pricey.

The closest Sonic for me is about 25 minutes away. I think it's one of the only ones around here, and people flocked to it like crazy for a while. Every time I drive by it now there's never a line. I still haven't eaten there. lol

I guess I've never seen excitement around Sonic because it's just always been there. Being headquartered in OK, they're everywhere in the central and southern US, like a Subway or McDonalds. In college i dated a girl from a small town 45 minutes east of OKC. population under 5,000. Had maybe 5 intersections with traffic lights, but no more than 2 on the same road. Had two Sonic locations.

I've had a lot of burgers. In-n-Out is still up there on the quality and taste scale for me. More over, it's distinct and you get the same distinctness at every single location. Sometimes that's a rare thing. Most of the people that I've known that have moved out of state get it as often as they can when they are back visiting. I worked at an In-n-Out as a kid. Hated the manager, loved the pay and the staff. Even after eating it over and over (you get a free lunch with every shift) I still enjoy it. I also enjoy their fries. I know real potatoes not mixed with beef flavoring isn't for everyone, though. :)

I refuse to eat at McDonald's. I haven't had so much as a drink there since 1997. I do not support them as a corporation or find the quality of their food particularly appealing.

Are there burgers out there that are just as consistent and of high quality as In-n-Out? Sure...and that's also a subjective question as well. To each their own. For my part, the flavor of Sonic food is not so great. Looks great but for me, when I take a bite, I think 'that doesn't taste as good as it looks'.

There's a place in Buena Vista, Colorado that legitimately was built in the 60s (or at least has been in business since). K's Dairy Delite. You drive or walk up and order from a window. Instead of calling your name or a number they call the name of an actor, character, or other historical figure. Last time I was Neil Armstrong.

I make a point to stop there when I pass through.
@jjvw and I stopped there earlier this year. I cant remember what our characters were. Not a bad place.

I was sad to see the burrito joint at Johnson Village closed its doors. A few weeks ago when I passed thru they were demolishing that whole side of the building.

I also dont see the obsession with Chick fil-A.

200.gif

It should be a federal offense to think Chik Fil A is overrated. I’m adding it to my presidential platform.
Got one down the street, I’ve tried it once. Usually when I think about going again it’s a Sunday so I can’t.

Also don’t eat many chicken sandwiches. But, if Popeyes here had fried gizzards I’d go every damn day.

Reactions: Tomcat
Everyone says that to me🤷‍♂️

I've had it twice and each time I thought "why is this so popular?"

I get the spicy deluxe sandwich which chik fil a sauce when I go. I think it is tier 1 fast food right up there with shake shack. But I do know a few people who don’t like it very much.

Got one down the street, I’ve tried it once. Usually when I think about going again it’s a Sunday so I can’t.

I’ll add that they must be open on Sunday’s to my platform as well.

@jjvw and I stopped there earlier this year. I cant remember what our characters were. Not a bad place.

I was sad to see the burrito joint at Johnson Village closed its doors. A few weeks ago when I passed thru they were demolishing that whole side of the building.

I think I got to be Joan Crawford. It was something camp.
Mommie-dearest.jpg