3 hour wait time at Sonic

Very over rated. So is In n Out. And WattaBurger is disgusting.
1603815827303.jpeg

Reactions: jjvw and Zorba
I was in Hawai'i two times in 1997, and noticed that apparently, you can't get a milikshake at a fast food burger joint there. I was in several in the greater Honolulu area (and Pearl), and NONE of them had shakes. Mostly BK, but I seem to recall a Mac Shack as well. Maybe its changed or was just the restaurants I was in?

Shake Shack is one the best burger chains. One the greatest burgers I've ever had is from Mac's Local Eats in St. Louis.

I get the spicy deluxe sandwich which chik fil a sauce when I go. I think it is tier 1 fast food right up there with shake shack. But I do know a few people who don’t like it very much.

I’ll add that they must be open on Sunday’s to my platform as well.

That's my main choice at Chick fil A, with my second choice being the Spicy Southwest Salad if I'm feeling I'm too unhealthy that day. I do think you're right about their tier one status. I can't understand how anyone can claim they don't like the food, the handful of people that I do know that won't eat there are "offended no matter what" homosexuals and they won't even admit they ever ate there before being offended.

I probably have a good dozen or so fast food brand options within 5 miles but Sonic and Hardees are about 30 miles away and they're about 15 miles from each other. I've been to Sonic a couple times and it wasn't so bad I wouldn't go back but I have no real plans to do so. Hardees, on the other hand, makes me want to find some reason to go through that town on my way to anywhere in the morning and again on the way home in the afternoon. Unfortunately, or more likely fortunately, I only get there a couple times a year and only buy one meal that day.

Reactions: jodomcfrodo
I think Chick fil A sandwiches are great.

Whataburger was everywhere when I was in Fl and was the only thing open near the base overnight working mids so I ate there plenty of times & never grew to like it.

Out here In & Out is pretty popular. It's OK, nothing to get excited about. Also "secret menus" irritate me. How about you tell me my dining options up front? I don't want to have to hit the streets & ask around the scene to figure out what I can order.

Anyone been to BTS in DC? Went there several years ago when we took the kids for spring break. Stands for Burgers, Taps, and Shakes. I hope they are still in business. Very good burgers, very good selection of beer on tap, very good prices, I have no idea about the shakes.

Last time I had that I ended up throwing it up. Food poisoning.

there were no Jack in the Box locations in Oklahoma growing up. The story I always heard was that there was a big food poisoning outbreak that ended up damaging their business so bad that they closed a ton of locations, including all the ones in the OKC area.

They're slowly making a comeback. I find their burgers to be apocalyptically greasy. The one thing I will eat there is their tacos. They're kinda small, also greasy (the hard taco shell becomes semitransparent) but they're CHEAP. About 8 years ago me and a buddy bought like 24 of them to bring to a gun shooting get together in the middle of nowhere with a group of hardcore doomsday preppers, just to see what it was all about. Met a guy that used to be purposely homeless in the San Francisco area. Told us all sorts of tricks like carrying a straw so you could unscrew people's lawn sprinklers in the middle of the night and drink the water out. Just don't do it if the cap on the sprinkler is purple, 'cause that's code for processed sewage or something, maybe just generally non-potable.

Also "secret menus" irritate me. How about you tell me my dining options up front? I don't want to have to hit the streets & ask around the scene to figure out what I can order.
There's nothing really secret about it. If it's on the menu (and jez, it's a small menu), they can mix it up in any combination you'd like. Only thing that isn't really known publicly without searching for it are the names they give the more popular items people ask for. In the interest of keeping redundancy to a minimum, they don't put these combination items on the menu.

I have about 20 different fast food places near me but I don't go to any of them, if I'm craving a burger I go to a local dive bar a couple blocks away. They have a burger there that kills it, and tater tots they deep fry in lard. I know, I know, my heart just did a back flip talking about it.

• Love
Reactions: Rick Flair
I have about 20 different fast food places near me but I don't go to any of them, if I'm craving a burger I go to a local dive bar a couple blocks away. They have a burger there that kills it, and tater tots they deep fry in lard. I know, I know, my heart just did a back flip talking about it.

+1, I pretty much only do fast food when I'm on the road. If I want a burger I usually grill it on my deck. We buy food ready to eat maybe a couple times a month, and that's mainly because pizza, chinese, and mexican food are things I haven't mastered.

Carl’s Jr. went out of business in Alaska due to bad management. I liked their burgers. Sonic remodeled the old Carl’s Jr. and opened in Fairbanks last month with much fanfare. I was in Montana driving my Jeep to Alaska and stopped at Sonic in Great Falls. Unimpressive at best, except for the Tots. No one in my family has had the desire to sit in the constant 3 hour line to get a meh, overpriced burger. Besides, my burgers on the Traeger are better😁