3" lift under $1,000?

JP13

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Any recommendations for a 3" suspension lift under $1,000?

My LJ suspension is stock.
I'll also add 33" tires & 1" body lift.

Look into a Zone 4.25" combo lift. Lots of Jeeple run these around here and seem to like them well enough. The base kit goes for about $550, and you can add additional bits if you think you need them.

(Beat me to it Jerry!)

Reactions: JP13
Undoubtedly for this budget Zone is the way to go. No question about that whatsoever.

It's definitely better quality than Rough Country (at least from what I've heard), and if you read around the Internet, you'll find that most people who run the Zone lift have nothing but positive things to say about it.

I'd be willing to bet @AOR can hook you up with a forum deal too!

The only thing on there that I think you'd immediately need would be an adjustable front track bar.

Going cheap on the adjustable track bar might be a bad idea. What are some good bars?

Going cheap on the adjustable track bar might be a bad idea. What are some good bars?

The best bar out there in my opinion is the Currie. It costs a pretty penny, but it's beefy as hell, has rebuildable Johnny Joints, and it has a really good design that allows for maximum clearance. I hear the Metalcoak is also up there as well.

So, those would be my top two choices. They are a bit pricey, so if you want something a little more affordable, but still good, the JKS is suppose to be a popular option as well.

Reactions: Sasquatchewan
I can vouch for the Zone lift and the JKS adjustable trackbar. Both are a great way to go. The zone lift is very good for the money and the JKS trackbar is built very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can vouch for the Zone lift and the JKS adjustable trackbar. Both are a great way to go. The zone lift is very good for the money and the JKS trackbar is built very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey @zip04 , did you check the JKS trackbar for clearance at full droop and full stuff? I have heard that they work well, but have seen no detailed reports on how they fit for clearance on other suspension components and on the front diff cover at the extremes of suspension travel.

Reading the Suspension Lift FAQ made me realize I'll be spending more $$$ than planned. 33" tires can help destroy a Dana 30? Guess I should take it easy until upgrading. It came stock with Dana 30 front & Dana 44 rear.

You'll probably be just fine with 33's unless your hammering it in the rocks. The front Dana 30 has worked well in Jeeps for a lot of years with 33x12.50's around here, even locked. Stay smart with the skinny pedal and plan the upgrades for later. I'd be more worried about proper gear ratios before I got too excited about replacing the Dana 30 for something beefier.

Reading the Suspension Lift FAQ made me realize I'll be spending more $$$ than planned.

You can always plan on spending more money, especially when you're going over 3" of lift.

For that reason, it's cheaper and easier to stay at about 2.5" or under. That's probably the only way you won't need to worry about things like driveshafts, SYEs, adjustable control arms, etc.

Hey @zip04 , did you check the JKS trackbar for clearance at full droop and full stuff? I have heard that they work well, but have seen no detailed reports on how they fit for clearance on other suspension components and on the front diff cover at the extremes of suspension travel.
I did not. I had it on my JKU which I sold. Now I just have my TJ and am running the zone lift and adjustable trackbar the original owner installed. I'm not sure what brand because he painted it to match the Jeep. I plan on replacing it eventually.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I have a 05 LJ & went with the Zone 4" lift with hydro shocks , also ordered a Metal Cloak adjustable track bar , my front shocks are Fox 2.0 tuned by savvy. I run 33" Km2. It's a daily driver & rides great , a great start to build on