31 inch tire recommendations for daughter's TJ

OK, You all have convinced me not to go back to stock size. Big O tires has Cooper RTX 31x10.5 on promo. Total out the door cost $560 50,000 mile warranty Any experience with these? How do they compare to Cooper at3? thanks again for your help
Don't know if you have a Discount Tire near you, but they also offer a proprietary Cooper tire, the ATP in the 31 x 10.50 - 15 size, Load range C, and the pricing is very close to your example from Big O. I had the ATP on a previous TJR, and was happy with those.
1542393497404.png

ok a buddy of mine just threw in a new wrinkle. He has some 255/70R18 take offs from his unlimited he would sell me cheap. If I got the adapters would those rims and tires work on my TJ? tire calculator says they are 32" tire. Would that be a dumb move? Do you guys all stick with the 15" rims? whats the downside? thanks

Too large on stock suspension. Not to mention the load rating may be too stiff for a TJ Stick to the 15" wheel and a "C" load tire.

I'm also thinking of getting new tires next year. But can someone explain what you guys mean by 31", 32" and so on? I only know 30x9.50R15 LT... I assume that's the stock size. But I am going to put the Rancho shocks on after the new year. Im thinking of a small lift too. I didn't want to start a new thread so I'll piggyback if that's ok :)

I'm also thinking of getting new tires next year. But can someone explain what you guys mean by 31", 32" and so on? I only know 30x9.50R15 LT... I assume that's the stock size. But I am going to put the Rancho shocks on after the new year. Im thinking of a small lift too. I didn't want to start a new thread so I'll piggyback if that's ok :)
Im learning as I go as well. 30", 31" etc refer to the tire diameter. The stock wheels on the TJ are about 28" in diameter. I was considering going back to stock, but after input on here, I am going to go with the 31" tires. probably a cooper atp or cooper rtx mainly due to price

Reactions: Artemis
32x10.5x15 =

32 - advertised standing height of the tire including wheel space (actual height is almost always less)
10.5 - is the total width of the tire (not just the tread)
15 - is the dia of the wheel

Reactions: Artemis
I am a big fan of Coopers and have run them on a few vehicles. Personally for a 95% on road rig I would choose the ATP over the AT3. A touch more aggressive, looks better (IMO), and they ride very nice. Either way, you cannot go wrong.
pulled the trigger on the 31x10.5x15 ATP's Today $670 out the door less $134 rebate for black Friday net cost of $536 seemed like a good price for the tires. I do have to wait to get them until next week ;)