T-Shirts

Order your offical Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum t-shirt today!

Click here to order!

Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum T-Shirts

31" tires with 2-3" lifts?

String-a-ling

Hello Everybody! New to the forum! Here’s my ‘06 LJ with an OME 2.5” HD w/ 3/4” spacer up front on 31x10.5x15 Cooper ST Maxx’s

3D8A1A8C-F41D-4567-AF2C-D6254137B901.jpeg

33432B99-2EF2-40A9-8289-D2B23AFAFB21.jpeg

7B2E1560-5568-46CE-91AB-17DC18D6D4FC.jpeg

JMT

The Jeep Guy
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Welcome to the forum! Nice LJ. What do you have planned for it?!

String-a-ling

Welcome to the forum! Nice LJ. What do you have planned for it?!
I've had it for almost 3 years and between what I do for a living having me away from home so often, primary care for a now passed elderly relative, the only wheeling its done is out here on the farm as a farm vehicle and back road trail runner (at which its super fun for). I actually have time now to take a wheeling trip up to Hidden Falls here in TX so I'll probably be adding a winch soon for when I inevitably get hung on up on the t-case skid goin somewhere I shouldnt. We'll see after the trip where its current set up and my lack of wheeling skill allow it to go and then build/learn from there. Its my daily driver so i probably wont get too crazy with much more lift but I would like to go to a 33 eventually and do some select-able lockers in both axles. I do LS swaps in Square Body Chevy's as my side hustle. The engines are cheap and plentiful down here where I live. If I do the research and its as practical of a swap fuel econ. and cash wise for a Jeep as it is for the old Squares that's not out of the realm of possibilities either. The end goal is a capable enough rig to road trip and run trails in places like Moab, the Rubicon, etc... I stayed at a lot of campgrounds close to these trails while I was out touring and promised myself I'd go back to explore on my own time...

Last edited:
Reactions: Squatch

JMT

The Jeep Guy
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I've had it for a almost 3 years and between what I do for a living having me away from home so often, primary care for a now passed elderly relative, the only wheeling its done is out here on the farm as a farm vehicle and back road trail runner (at which its super fun for). I actually have time now to take a wheeling trip up to Hidden Falls here in TX so I'll probably be adding a winch soon for when I inevitably get hung on up on the t-case skid goin somewhere I shouldnt. We'll see after the trip where its current set up and my lack of wheeling skill allow it to go and then build/learn from there. Its my daily driver so i probably wont get too crazy with much more lift but I would like to go to a 33 eventually and do some select-able lockers in both axles. I do LS swaps in Square Body Chevy's as my side hustle. The engines are cheap and plentiful down here where I live. If I do the research and its as practical of a swap fuel econ. and cash wise for a Jeep as it is for the old Squares that's not out of the realm of possibilities either. The end goal is a capable enough rig to road trip and run trails in places like Moab, the Rubicon, etc... I stayed at a lot of campgrounds close to these trails while I was out touring and promised myself I'd go back to explore on my own time...
Some good guys that wheel the Hidden Falls area on 33's or 35's. When I was there we took several first-timers along. It's nice to go with someone who knows the trails. @b0xcar, @Bob in Texas, @Kris M

b0xcar

TJ Enthusiast
Welcome to the forum!

When you're ready to make that trip to Hidden Falls let me know, should be able to rally a few guys up on short notice. We usually plan a trip at least once a month and meet up at Wolf Caves or Hidden Falls.

Looking forward to seeing another Jeeper on the trails soon.

Reactions: JMT

String-a-ling

Welcome to the forum!

When you're ready to make that trip to Hidden Falls let me know, should be able to rally a few guys up on short notice. We usually plan a trip at least once a month and meet up at Wolf Caves or Hidden Falls.

Looking forward to seeing another Jeeper on the trails soon.
Thank you very kindly! I'm looking forward to it! Might bring my Mom too! She rolls a stock TJ! We've been talking about goin' to ride the bunny trails up there for a while now! ✌️

JMT

The Jeep Guy
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Great look!! Is that a Dirtworx front bumper?
That member is not here much, though he does poke his head in from time to time. His profile lists Dirtworx front and rear bumpers.

Strngmn81

Supporting Member
That member is not here much, though he does poke his head in from time to time. His profile lists Dirtworx front and rear bumpers.
Yeah, I saw that after I went on in the thread. Thanks for all of the knowledge on here! This is a great resource!

Reactions: JMT

Ron Hockett

TJ Enthusiast
Great look!! Is that a Dirtworx front bumper?
Thanks, the bumpers were put on when the Jeep was new in 2004 and the manufacture is unknown. The previous owner bought it to tow behind his motor home. He put a 3” lift on it and 31” tires (3.73 gears) because of the lift his wife could no longer get into the Jeep so he never did tow it. Once I bought it I put in lockers, 4.88, 4” long arm lift, 35” tires, Banks turbo, tranny cooler, and several other mods.