31" tires with 2-3" lifts?

The limiter in the rear is the TB relocatioin bracket. It hits the tub at full bump without added bump stops. A body lift will aid in that scenario. Front, no bumps needed for 31's.
Chalk up another point for a body lift!

Reactions: StG58
You are dead to me sir.

j/k.
When are you going to cave in man? Take the plunge. It’s like taking vitamins; not exactly desirable, but the benefits far outweigh the cost. BL! BL! BL!

Yeah, I'll cave, but it'll be a little less noticeable.
Get one of those bumpers that covers your crack. It’ll be like wearing your pants like Steve Urkel.
87A4B830-F905-4A54-B4C6-928E64AF7F2D.jpeg

He turned out ok, just in case you were wondering.

Question: The rims I'm looking at are 15" X 8" with a 4" backspacing. Looks like I've committed to the 2.5" OME lift. I notice most folks here running rims with 3.75" bs. Does anyone anticipate any problems with my rim choice running 31" X 10.50 tires? I'd think not, what with stock rims running a 5.50" bs, but figured I'd get some feedback from you folks. Thanks

Question: The rims I'm looking at are 15" X 8" with a 4" backspacing. Looks like I've committed to the 2.5" OME lift. I notice most folks here running rims with 3.75" bs. Does anyone anticipate any problems with my rim choice running 31" X 10.50 tires? I'd think not, what with stock rims running a 5.50" bs, but figured I'd get some feedback from you folks. Thanks
Pretty sure you'll be just fine @Squatch.

Reactions: Squatch
You should be golden. 4” is perfect in my opinion. You won’t rub and you will be slightly more tucked under the fender. I’m on 3.6”BS., which is fine with me, but not so much to others. It’s all what you like and works for you. Can’t wait to see yours!

Reactions: Squatch and StG58
You should be golden. 4” is perfect in my opinion. You won’t rub and you will be slightly more tucked under the fender. I’m on 3.6”BS., which is fine with me, but not so much to others. It’s all what you like and works for you. Can’t wait to see yours!
Cool. I actually prefer just a slightly tucked-in look (not like a 1/4" difference is gonna show much...). The rims I want only offer a 4" or 4.50" bs, so that's where I'm at...

Cool. I actually prefer just a slightly tucked-in look (not like a 1/4" difference is gonna show much...). The rims I want only offer a 4" or 4.50" bs, so that's where I'm at...
Oh, I don’t want to mislead in my statement. 4” BS on a 15x8 with 31x10.5’s will still stick out beyond the flare, just not as much as mine at 3.6” BS. If you went with a 4.5 you’d be 0.9” closer to the flare than me. Here’s a couple pic of mine w 2.5”OME and 31x10.5 on 3.6” BS so you can try to imagine what 4 and 4.5 will look like.
33583ACB-6DEC-4EBF-B972-FF6834508B9F.jpeg

AB523004-D3A0-49E0-A166-CDE8B44AED76.jpeg

Oh, I don’t want to mislead in my statement. 4” BS on a 15x8 with 31x10.5’s will still stick out beyond the flare, just not as much as mine at 3.6” BS. If you went with a 4.5 you’d be 0.9” closer to the flare than me. Here’s a couple pic of mine w 2.5”OME and 31x10.5 on 3.6” BS so you can try to imagine what 4 and 4.5 will look like.
View attachment 29786
View attachment 29787

That looks like the all-too-familiar "dump run", or as my wife calls it, "a date"! LOL Actually, with what your pics show, I might actually consider a 4.50" bs. Not sure, now. The stock (optional) Grizzlies that are on it now really stick out, and I've never really checked to see what bs they are. I'll have to look into it...

Reactions: JMT
View attachment 29786
View attachment 29787

A thought just occurred to me (hey, it happens from time-to-time!). If I recall correctly, my Sahara has slightly wider fender flares (shared with Rubicons, if I'm not mistaken), so the fit/look will be ever so slightly different. Not sure what the width difference actually is, just seem to recall that there is a diff...

A thought just occurred to me (hey, it happens from time-to-time!). If I recall correctly, my Sahara has slightly wider fender flares (shared with Rubicons, if I'm not mistaken), so the fit/look will be ever so slightly different. Not sure what the width difference actually is, just seem to recall that there is a diff...
Yep, 1” wider. You could move them over. A perfect solution

Sorry, @JMT, I must be getting tired...I could move what over? Saying I could go with the 4.00" bs, or the 4.50"bs for a slightly tucked-in look?
Oops, I got confused. Thought you were saying you had some Sahara flares from another Jeep. But I see what you’re saying now, your Jeep is a Sahara! What’s wrong with me tonight? Since this is the case your flares are 1” wider than standard (4.25 vs 3.25”). That will give you more coverage. @bobthetj03 has the wider flares with 3.75 BS, and I bet we can get him to post up a pic of his so you can see how much they stick out.

Oops, I got confused. Thought you were saying you had some Sahara flares from another Jeep. But I see what you’re saying now, your Jeep is a Sahara! What’s wrong with me tonight? Since this is the case your flares are 1” wider than standard (4.25 vs 3.25”). That will give you more coverage. @bobthetj03 has the wider flares with 3.75 BS, and I bet we can get him to post up a pic of his so you can see how much they stick out.

So, you're either up super late, or up super early, lol! As a matter of fact I think I have some profile shots.
20180123_084000.jpg
20180123_084020.jpg
20180123_084031.jpg