31" tires with 2-3" lifts?

The 5000X is a proven shock. There are a bunch of us that run them both on and off road. I have no information on the NX2 shocks by BDS but I can tell you they are twice the price, according to the BDS website.

Nah, both the Rancho 5000x and NX2 shocks are ~$50 MSRP per shock.
http://bds-suspension.com/blog/?p=12512

The whole BDS 2" lift kit with Pro-Ride springs, 2 rear/2 front NX2 shocks is $430 MSRP. For a midrange kit where you can just grab the proper length shocks and matching high quality springs, it's hard to beat. Here in Toledo, lots of folks are using BDS with great results. The most popular dealer that installs them has a good relationship with BDS/Fox, so I feel like it was a good choice for me. They also sell Rancho products and have the 5000x on display. The NX2 technology is almost identical to the Rancho 5000x if your read about the construction of both shocks. Both are relatively new and innovative products, applying technology downstream that was only found in higher end units before that. When I asked their expert about Rancho, he said I probably wouldn't be able to pick between the two in a blind test.

Reactions: Don Ashcraft
Nah, both the Rancho 5000x and NX2 shocks are ~$50 MSRP per shock.
http://bds-suspension.com/blog/?p=12512

The whole BDS 2" lift kit with Pro-Ride springs, 2 rear/2 front NX2 shocks is $430 MSRP. For a midrange kit where you can just grab the proper length shocks and matching high quality springs, it's hard to beat. Here in Toledo, lots of folks are using BDS with great results. The most popular dealer that installs them has a good relationship with BDS/Fox, so I feel like it was a good choice for me. They also sell Rancho products and have the 5000x on display. The NX2 technology is almost identical to the Rancho 5000x if your read about the construction of both shocks. Both are relatively new and innovative products, applying technology downstream that was only found in higher end units before that. When I asked their expert about Rancho, he said I probably wouldn't be able to pick between the two in a blind test.
Yep, you're correct. I saw the kit price and thought is was just the shock price.

LOL...I just realized that, if you are in Kalamazoo, you are only 1 hour from Coldwater, the location of BDS and Sport Truck USA headquarters.

Oh no shit? They’re made in Coldwater? That’s pretty cool. I was on BDS’s site and was surprised to find they had a local dealer near me. Which is awesome because I didn’t know we had an off-road shop here.

Reactions: mots
Oh no shit? They’re made in Coldwater? That’s pretty cool. I was on BDS’s site and was surprised to find they had a local dealer near me. Which is awesome because I didn’t know we had an off-road shop here.

Yep! Made in the USA by Coldwater working hands. Here is the run down...

Fox Factory Holding Company FOXF (NASDAQ) aka "Fox" owns Sport Truck USA
Sport Truck USA owns BDS (flagship), Zone(value), JKS and some others

That said, I have no idea if Sport Truck USA or BDS are open to the public there in Coldwater. It may just be a factory and a warehouse.

The 5000X with BDS, Pro Comp, or OME coils will result in a great ride, guaranteed. The proof is all of us that run those combos.

I was pricing some stuff and I can get a set of ranchos for $198 and a set of 2” BDS coils for $232. So for $430 I can get reasonably priced highly recommended set up. Pretty much same price either way. That’s cool.

Reactions: Rob5589
Yep! Made in the USA by Coldwater working hands. Here is the run down...

Fox Factory Holding Company FOXF (NASDAQ) aka "Fox" owns Sport Truck USA
Sport Truck USA owns BDS (flagship), Zone(value), JKS and some others

That said, I have no idea if Sport Truck USA or BDS are open to the public there in Coldwater. It may just be a factory and a warehouse.

I like the whole locally made thing. And being made right here, hell yeah. I’ll drink some Bell’s Two Hearted Ale, install some BDS coils springs and be one happy guy lol.

Reactions: mots
Gonna show me some "tough love", eh, @JMT? LOL I used to get frustrated that every time I plan some garage time, something crops up, but I've just come to realize that it's just the way my life is. For instance, I took this entire week off just to babysit my granddaughter while her folks are in Mexico on a much needed vacation. And you know what? If it came to that TJ or my lil' grandbaby, the little one wins, hands down. At least my distractions from working in the garage are productive, meaningful things. That helps immensely.

No regrets!
I’m just jerkin your chain. Though I will come see you if we move to the East side of your state

Reactions: Squatch
I’m just jerkin your chain. Though I will come see you if we move to the East side of your state
Didn't know you were thinking of that kind of move. Do your research on this state and it's government/politics, if that stuff matters to you. I know the east side is cheaper than west of the mountains, so that's a benefit, at least.

Didn't know you were thinking of that kind of move. Do your research on this state and it's government/politics, if that stuff matters to you. I know the east side is cheaper than west of the mountains, so that's a benefit, at least.
I’m not excited about the west side politics. I hear that the state is very divided and some want to split. Maybe you should move out East with me if we move

Reactions: Squatch
Back to 31" tires with 2-3" spring lift.
IMG_1574.JPG

It also has a 1" body lift. In this image the front springs are nominal 3" BDS, 3.75" actual with .5" spring isolator included. Pro-Comp nominal 2" springs in the rear, 2.5" actual. The body has a .75" forward rake, which isn't apparent on this slope.

Day I bought my ‘06 TJ SE.
1.75” Rubicon Express Economy lift and 265/75 r15 tires...or 31x10.5x15

View attachment 65754
Nice TJ! The first thing I did to my TJR was put a Zone 1.75 BB with Rancho 5000X shocks, and it was a great way to lift inexpensively and to tell the truth, rode very much like the OME suspension on there now...could've saved a wad of cash by sticking with the BB...

I’m not finding a lot of love for Zone lifts. But I’m new to lifts in general.

I heard they start to sag eventually. I once read a review by someone on here that had a Zone Combo lift. He liked it at first but over time it gave him issues. Can’t remember who it was at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice TJ! The first thing I did to my TJR was put a Zone 1.75 BB with Rancho 5000X shocks, and it was a great way to lift inexpensively and to tell the truth, rode very much like the OME suspension on there now...could've saved a wad of cash by sticking with the BB...

Thanks!