32RH transmission wiring plug

Eddie Greenlee

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Here’s a couple of pictures of this plug that was accidentally pulled off the wire. Does it matter which way I turn this to put it back together?

B7BB037E-E7EC-454D-91C3-A8EE0A2DB2CA.jpeg

3EB62A37-1074-4704-B2BB-D7C7B4ABB11B.jpeg

I guess I need to know what that plug is for. Then I have a 50/50 chance of getting it right the first time , then if something doesn’t work I can just turn it 180 degs.

That’s the torque converter lockup and it shouldn’t matter which way it’s wired as it is just energizing a solenoid.
I’ve made a big mistake. I have an extra 32RH.
1. so on my good trans the male end that is screwed into the transmission was broken. I unscrewed it from my trans.
2 I unscrewed the male end out of the extra trans because it was in perfect shape.
3. BAD IDEA !!! Because it’s plugged up internally.

I’ve made a big mistake. I have an extra 32RH.
1. so on my good trans the male end that is screwed into the transmission was broken. I unscrewed it from my trans.
2 I unscrewed the male end out of the extra trans because it was in perfect shape.
3. BAD IDEA !!! Because it’s plugged up internally.
So what shoul I do now ?

That connector on the transmission is a male to male pass through. It has the same connector on the inside as the outside. You need to drop the pan and disconnect the connector on the inside before unscrewing it.

Thanks. I should have asked first. I just unscrewed it. So now I’ll drop the pan and see what I can find. I’ll start on it in the morning and I’ll let y’all know.

That's awesome, congrats Eddie! 💪
little late response but I really like the automatic transmission! Since my CJ days I’ve driven a manual trans and never really thought too much about it, but it really frees up a lot of time. I know that sounds weird but I have found in a lot of situations safety and attention to detail , on and off trails has been increased by a large margin!

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Hey y’all. The transmission worked , shifted and torque converter lock up worked also.
Big thing , so far no leaks !! 👏

This may be a stupid question, but how do you know if the torque converter has locked up? My wiring is also pretty suspect in that area.