32s vs 33s: Let’s see em!

That is interesting. I better be prepared for that when I do my arms and TT

My newly installed Currie arms allowed flex that I didnt think was possible out of my Jeep. Here are some pics of it when the shop got done. We used a fork lift for a quick test.

98EA35D5-BA62-4B54-A581-6E3348845373.jpeg

92499EC4-3502-4543-B215-CD9D6CAC1ACB.jpeg

94FCC572-DB5C-4863-82ED-F6A31DFE37AB.jpeg

D342B843-E667-4FF4-96FD-925883DF8FAE.jpeg

I have the 6-speed too. I did the MML first and later a BL. After the MML It caused some issues shifting related to the inner boot because the engine and tranny we’re tilting the shifter back. It was very close to hitting the console. When I did the BL it was worse because it raised the tub (and hence console), exacerbating the problem. But a BL alone won’t do this because it simply lifts the tub straight up. I would be very confident you would not have any transmission linkage issues with a BL only.

That’s good to know. I have A LOT to think about before making a decision.

My newly installed Currie arms allowed flex that I didnt think was possible out of my Jeep. Here are some pics of it when the shop got done. We used a fork lift for a quick test.

View attachment 83665

View attachment 83666

View attachment 83667

View attachment 83668
I’d like so do the arms except it cost me $1200 and the YJ extended brake lines. Nice flex💪 !

Maybe I could start a Go Fund Me!

Need JEEP Parts. Wife leaving. Kids grown. Anything you can spare to help me get some Control Arms for my HEEP.

Last edited:
I’d like so do the arms except it cost me $1200 and the YJ extended brake lines. Nice flex💪 !

Maybe I could start a Go Fund Me!

Need JEEP Parts. Wife leaving. Kids grown. Anything you can spare to help me get some Control Arms for my HEEP.

Ha! You might get some donations.

I didnt extend the brake lines. When we did the flex test, the brake lines were not fully stretched out, so I think I’m ok there. May be something for me to do down the road though.

After the arms were installed, I knew it was money well spent. I was apprehensive about spending that much at first.

This last round of upgrades all spawned from feeling slight vibrations after my lift. Not wanting to to a transfer case drop, I thought this was as good a time as any to do the SYE/DC driveshaft install. Then it all went to hell from there. Needing one set of adjustable control arms turned to, eh why not do em all! And I decided go Currie or go home. Then I decided to relocate rear spring perches, for some reason that I have forgotten (SUPER happy with them now though). Then oh I need that adjustable rear track bar. Since I’m gettin that, the Currie angled bracket was the only one that would do to go with it. Oh hell let’s do front lower control arm skids as well. While we are at it, let’s stretch the wheelbase over an inch (luckily it worked perfectly and zero issues of contacting parts). In the middle of all this work being done, it was discovered that the front driveshaft U Joint was to the point of failure, this was the SOLE cause of the initial vibrations that started me down this dark rabbit hole. A dang $25 U Joint!!!!!

Oh well, every mod was given a lot of thought and consideration and I’m happy with everything done now.

I’ll play picture whore too, though not as nice as most of y’all pics. This is all I have on the phone at the moment.

View attachment 83887

View attachment 83888
While it is a little hard to tell that the stretch is there, I believe I can see it pretty well in that last picture, that looks great. The rear wheel looks a closer to center in that rear wheel well.

Ha! You might get some donations.

I didnt extend the brake lines. When we did the flex test, the brake lines were not fully stretched out, so I think I’m ok there. May be something for me to do down the road though.

After the arms were installed, I knew it was money well spent. I was apprehensive about spending that much at first.

This last round of upgrades all spawned from feeling slight vibrations after my lift. Not wanting to to a transfer case drop, I thought this was as good a time as any to do the SYE/DC driveshaft install. Then it all went to hell from there. Needing one set of adjustable control arms turned to, eh why not do em all! And I decided go Currie or go home. Then I decided to relocate rear spring perches, for some reason that I have forgotten (SUPER happy with them now though). Then oh I need that adjustable rear track bar. Since I’m gettin that, the Currie angled bracket was the only one that would do to go with it. Oh hell let’s do front lower control arm skids as well. While we are at it, let’s stretch the wheelbase over an inch (luckily it worked perfectly and zero issues of contacting parts). In the middle of all this work being done, it was discovered that the front driveshaft U Joint was to the point of failure, this was the SOLE cause of the initial vibrations that started me down this dark rabbit hole. A dang $25 U Joint!!!!!

Oh well, every mod was given a lot of thought and consideration and I’m happy with everything done now.
That’s a rabbit hole alright! I try not to get sucked down those. LOL! $25 turns into gobs of $$$. Oh well, what’s done is done and done well! It can be expensive to go to 33’s, but you’re almost ready now. Love the Currie skids.