32s vs 33s: Let’s see em!

0b61839dd2f19420fdf7bec8faa0ea82.jpg

4” lift, 33X12.5 R15 ProComps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And it won jeep of the month 0x hahaha. Thank you I appreciate that. I loved every minute of it.
AFAIR, 2.5" OME HD, 1.25" JKS body lift, 285/75-16 KM2, not sure which shocks. Did you do any other suspension, driveline, or gearing changes when you had it this way? Also, I'm guessing wheel spacers in order to run those tires on the factory Moab rims...?

AFAIR, 2.5" OME HD, 1.25" JKS body lift, 285/75-16 KM2, not sure which shocks. Did you do any other suspension, driveline, or gearing changes when you had it this way? Also, I'm guessing wheel spacers in order to run those tires on the factory Moab rims...?
Yep all that is correct. No wheel spacers rubbed ever so slightly at full lock when I turned driver. Gearing remained at 4.10s, and I had OME HD springs shocks. Rode super nice.

Reactions: glwood
Man that is one clean good looking Jeep! I like the blue and black as much as red and black. You and JMT have perfect stances in my opinion.

Thanks! Mine is about the change though but Hopi g the stance stays the same. I’ve been stockpiling parts for the reconstruction of my rig. Currie full 4” lift, adjustable front and rear track bars, tummy tuck, fuel tank tuck, BL, MML, spring perch relocate...and it begins...again.

Thanks! Mine is about the change though but Hopi g the stance stays the same. I’ve been stockpiling parts for the reconstruction of my rig. Currie full 4” lift, adjustable front and rear track bars, tummy tuck, fuel tank tuck, BL, MML, spring perch relocate...and it begins...again.

Nice! If I was going to start all over I’d go with that 4” Currie lift and the Currie extras for sure. I’ve been super happy with the spring perch relocation. Crazy how much better the ride got.

Reactions: 01TJ-Blues
Edit:
*****Just noticed this is an ancient zombie thread before replying. Oh well, tons of great photos lol******

05 SE 2.4 6-Spd, sitting on 33” BFG Mud Terrains and a OME 2.5” lift + 1” body lift. Now geared at 4.56 which is slightly lower than stock. Good power and pretty good gas mileage on road.

If you go to 32’s or 33’s your going to have to regear to help-out those 4 angry squirrels. Probably 4.56 or 4.88 from 3.73. Either size 32 or 33” is a good choice and will require similar mods to support the larger tires. So pick the size that catches your eye and proceed.

8A0336BB-D6A2-444C-B145-9DE75CCAF378.jpeg
65E26F0C-57D7-4C66-B941-8C6D1BC663C2.jpeg
DCE9E60C-C55D-4C38-9BEB-D9BE86213BD0.jpeg

Last edited:
@Ehallspqr sweet lookin jeep!!
Did you do have to do anything to your 3rd brake light to get the spare to fit?

Thanks. The little TJ is coming along.

I used some 2” diameter x .25” thick rubber washers I bought off ebay to shim the 3rd brake light upwards. Used 3 of these .25” thick washers under each of the 4 bolts to raise the light 3/4” to clear the top of the tire. The bolts are plenty long enough to add the rubber shims. People use all manor of available shims to achieve this. I just bought a package of 25 of these rubber washers for 15 bucks.

The 33” tire I had to shim the two upper rubber tire anti-rattle stabilizers out 1/2” to contact my new tire. This was because my new wheel has one less inch backspacing which caused the tire to not contact the upper rubber donuts. So used 2 each of the 1/4” thick rubber washers under those donuts and problem solved. The torx screws that hold the donuts had to be replaced with 1/2” longer ones. Depending on your tire width and backspacing changes, you will need to adjust the height of those stabilizer donuts that keep the tire from vibrating and cracking your tire carrier. Again you can use any manor of shim to achieve the desired results. I just had the rubber washers already.

Reactions: GorillaBiscuit