33x10.5 tires versus 33x12.5 tires

Will a 33x12.5x15 wide tire with a 4.0 backspacing rim be right at the edge of the fender ? Or will it be out side it?

Will a 33x12.5x15 wide tire with a 4.0 backspacing rim be right at the edge of the fender ? Or will it be out side it?
Pretty far outside. Slightly less than this.

warn rear bumper.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MikekiM
Go for a 15x8, you can run a 33x10.5 tire all day long on it, but if you want to ever go to 33x12.5 you can run them too. A 15x7 is maxed out with a 10.5" tire.

Bore (center hub) is irrelevant on a TJ. The OEM came hub centric, but almost all aftermarket wheels for TJ's are lug centric. The lugs are tapered conical so they are absolutely fine to run. The bore being larger is absolutely fine. This would open up more options for you. Cheers!

Hi I'm new to these forms. How do I measure my rim size? I'm running 33x10.5x15. Just trying to figure out my rim size...15x7 for example. Do I need to remove the tire from the rim to measure?

Hi I'm new to these forms. How do I measure my rim size? I'm running 33x10.5x15. Just trying to figure out my rim size...15x7 for example. Do I need to remove the tire from the rim to measure?

Can you post a picture of your rims? If they are oem we'll know what the width is.

Yes- see above- Also if you can post pictures of what you have going on we likely have pictures we can help you with that will show you what you’re going to end up with-

Has anybody got a picture of a divorce?

With a tape measure through the holes and a couple straight edges to reference the outer lips.

Ahh that might work! I just need the measurement from edge to edge?

Then subtract the thickness of the rim at the beads (both sides), since you're wanting the inside measurement. It's not like you need a precise measurement you're just trying to get to the nearest inch.

Then subtract the thickness of the rim at the beads (both sides), since you're wanting the inside measurement. It's not like you need a precise measurement you're just trying to get to the nearest inch.

Ok so rim sizes are always rounded to the inch. 7 or 8 for example

Is the stamping generally on the rear of the rim? I'll have a look tonight see if I can find it

Probably not. Most aftermarket Jeep wheels are 15x8. Some are 15x10. If you know the make and model it’s easy to look up on the internet. If not, it is unlikely it’s stamped on the back. This is the measurement you want. Since the tire is on your wheel, as suggested above, subtract 1/2” for each side of the tire bead, I.e. 1” total from the measurement from the outside of rim to the inside of rim. That will tell you.

IMG_0360.jpeg