35” tires without a body lift

Rusty bolts aside which can be addressed with some frequent spraying before removal, the cost (~$150 savvy) for a body lift is the absolute biggest bang for your buck mod you can do. Period. Add on a cable shift (again ~$160 savvy) you have something that’ll last and work well.

I won’t get into the flat fender debate as looks can be deceiving. “Perception versus reality”

Reactions: Thatguy
Of course they will fit on there without a body lift.........look at all that room in your fenders :unsure:

Since your original question is will they fit without a BL. I think yes, with some tuning. Life is short and waiting for a set of BFG all terrains to wear down will be painstaking and take patience I don't have. I would order 35's now, I would also order 5.13 gears.

If you wanna do this without the BL, order Bump-stops that can be Tuned by you. Remove your front and rear springs, one end at a time. Then cycle your suspension with the 35's installed and set up your bump-stops. Then you will be golden.

This can be done in a Saturday in a driveway with simple tools. To justify your purchase of tires just use your 1200$ stimulus check you "will" be getting from the government to cover the tires.....

Flat fender "style" fenders do look roomier. One time years ago, I knocked out a Kitchen wall to make the Kitchen in my house look bigger. And it did look bigger and we could fit a larger kitchen table in there. But when you stood up and got out of your chair the walls weren't any farther away. ;)

I run them because I like the look of them.

I run them because I was starting to damage the factory fenders and flares. I know with a tremendous amount of certainly where mine do and don't provide differing amounts of clearance compared to stock. Once you go through the process of checking these things, one can start to read what is going on with other rigs.

I run them because I was starting to damage the factory fenders and flares. I know with a tremendous amount of certainly where mine do and don't provide differing amounts of clearance compared to stock. Once you go through the process of checking these things, one can start to read what is going on with other rigs.
I did also get tired of having to straighten them out after most runs. Very tight trails and the factory fenders did not play well together for me. These also cost less than factory replacements, so that along with me liking the looks made the decision easy for me.

I think the question changed when people started telling him he was wrong.

The question has always been, is a body lift needed for 35’s. The answer is that depending on build and usage it may not be required.

For this poster it seems a BL is not required.

A body lift offers similar clearance gains as high clearance fenders. The problem here started when the OP convinced himself that his non-high clearance fenders were creating clearance that doesn't exist.

Reactions: derekmac
i was as descript as i could be in my first post. A simple yes/no w/simple explanation would have sufficed. If i knew the answer, i never would have asked. But yet, there are always a bunch of people that cant give you that straight up answer without interjecting that you are stupid and they are brilliant. I admit, i am no Jeep expert, but most of you cant read

Reactions: Apparition
A body lift offers similar clearance gains as high clearance fenders. The problem here started when the OP convinced himself that his non-high clearance fenders were creating clearance that doesn't exist.
No, the problem started the second you threw your $.02 into the ring. Everything was fine prior to that. You couldnt come to terms with “clearance” being the space around the fender/flare/tire.

Its ok thou, several others got it, and now we can move on

Reactions: Apparition
No, the problem started the second you threw your $.02 into the ring. Everything was fine prior to that. You couldnt come to terms with “clearance” being the space around the fender/flare/tire.

Its ok thou, several others got it, and now we can move on
To be clear and factual, how much clearance is gained around the tire by swapping to a bolt-on flat fender from a factory fender.

Lets say a 33 inch tire in a factory fender with a factory flare.
VS.
A 33 inch tire in a bolt-on flat fender.

It is my understanding that 0 (zero) inches will be gained behind the tire towards the driver and passenger door.

It is also my understanding that 0 (zero) inches will be gained behind the tire in between the tire and the frame.

To be clear and factual, how much clearance is gained around the tire by swapping to a bolt-on flat fender from a factory fender.

Lets say a 33 inch tire in a factory fender with a factory flare.
VS.
A 33 inch tire in a bolt-on flat fender.

It is my understanding that 0 (zero) inches will be gained behind the tire towards the driver and passenger door.

It is also my understanding that 0 (zero) inches will be gained behind the tire in between the tire and the frame.

He won't come to terms with this. Just my $.02... :)

Reactions: Fouledplugs
the hard deck of SB fender is wider and no higher. the hard deck never moves and the product is wider than the steel of a stock fender so the concept of tilting the tire into more flex is BS as well.

so in actuality the SB fender would/could hinder the wheel more than just stripping off the plastic from the stock steel, that's got 1/2 the deck profile.

flare sb.PNG

fender 2.PNG

Now you guys are just being Dick swingers

How much more of a pulp are you going to beat this into ??

Its a budget jeep, it came with flat fenders, i will probably put 35s on it eventually (with or without a BL) it will be used solely for cruising around easy terrain. I have a garage full of dirt bikes that take me where Jeeps could never get to. Im totally fine with not pissing off my wife by taking her on trails that scare the shit out of her. End of fucking story !!