35" tires with 4" lift or 37" tires with 6" lift?

ryan1ol

I can't decide if I want to go up to 35" tires with 4"lift or 37" tires with 4" to 6" lift on my jeep tj. Send thoughts/ feedback or pics of your own rigs.

• Wow
Reactions: JMT
I can't decide if I want to go up to 35" tires with 4"lift or 37" tires with 4" to 6" lift on my jeep tj. Send thoughts/ feedback or pics of your own rigs.

Welcome from across 2 mountains from you, what lift do you have on your Jeep now? If any at all.

Fill out you profile, so we will know what you have as far as lift, axles, transmission and stuff. It will help us guide you better.

33's you will want at least 4" of some kind of combined lift or 4" springs. Plus shocks, Plus a regear.

35's 4" springs plus 1-1.5 body lift, plus shocks, probably a super 35 in the rears, plus gears and axles front and rear.

37's why???? Why not...... tons and 40's it will be about the same!!!!!!!

The practical tire size limit on a tj is 35 and even that requires a lot of work to do it right.
If you want 37s be prepared to stretch the wheelbase and install new axles.

Reactions: John Cooper
Assuming you’re still on your stock Dana 35 the biggest you’ll wanna go is 33s unless you put in a Super 35 kit or swap in a Dana 44.

I’m still learning about my TJ and don’t claim to be an expert by any means but I do know 37s is whole other beast than 35s yet. Even the hardcore wheelers on this forum mostly run 35s.
This is a good thread to give you an idea on the requirements for 35s.
So you want to run 35” tires on your TJ?

This is also a good guide for 33s vs 35s
A comparison of building for 33s and 35s

Last edited:
9” lift and 40s

How about 8 inch and 38s?
view

• Love
A rig that is set up well on 35’s is a piece of ART. One that is set up well on 37’s is a MASTERPIECE.

• Love