35s and 1” or 1.25” adapters for LJ

Jaime313

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hello jeepers and Guru's, I have an 04 Lj with a 3.25" RC lift. I recently came up on a good deal for some used 35's (35x12.5x17) on Procomp La Paz series 29 wheels (17x8.5 and 4.75" backspacing) with a jk pattern. I am going for a LCOG build and hopefully get a good deal on black friday for some MC fender so they'll fit nicely. I know I need adapters but 1" or 1.25" ? Trying to get deals this Friday to do it all at once (Gears, front Locker, Fenders). Thanks in advance.

I can't comment on this particular tire size, but I put a set of 17" JK wheel on my LJ with 1" spacers. My tires are only 32", and I have no problem. I only have a 3" lift.

I had a local shop do the install and they had no concerns with adapters. Their experience on lighter weight vehicles like a TJ/LJ are not a problem. Heavier full size trucks can cause issues.

Reactions: Jaime313
I am no fan of wheel spacers and don't consider it any bargain to purchase a set of used wheels that do not fit and require the expenditure of additional money to make them work.

But that's just me.

Thanks Mr. Bills, wasn’t helpful to what I asked but at least you commented 👍🏽

I can't comment on this particular tire size, but I put a set of 17" JK wheel on my LJ with 1" spacers. My tires are only 32", and I have no problem. I only have a 3" lift.

I had a local shop do the install and they had no concerns with adapters. Their experience on lighter weight vehicles like a TJ/LJ are not a problem. Heavier full size trucks can cause issues.
I have 33x12.5x15 now and the concern is will 35” tires rub at full clock even with Metalcloak fenders? Thanks for the input

Hello jeepers and Guru's, I have an 04 Lj with a 3.25" RC lift. I recently came up on a good deal for some used 35's (35x12.5x17) on Procomp La Paz series 29 wheels (17x8.5 and 4.75" backspacing) with a jk pattern. I am going for a LCOG build and hopefully get a good deal on black friday for some MC fender so they'll fit nicely. I know I need adapters but 1" or 1.25" ? Trying to get deals this Friday to do it all at once (Gears, front Locker, Fenders). Thanks in advance.

I have 35s with JK wheels on my TJ as well. I use these wheel adapters:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IVKIZW0/?tag=wranglerorg-20

They work nicely, and they are 1.25". They are also CNC, not cheap cast pieces either. So you don't have to worry about them breaking on you like some of the other cheap Chinese ones!

I have 35s with JK wheels on my TJ as well. I use these wheel adapters:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IVKIZW0/?tag=wranglerorg-20

They work nicely, and they are 1.25". They are also CNC, not cheap cast pieces either. So you don't have to worry about them breaking on you like some of the other cheap Chinese ones!

Thanks Chris, I seen some Amazon cnc options of 1” and 1.25”. I considered 1” to help the backspacing. A 1/4” isn’t much but maybe over time could help or is it even a big deal? Figured someone on here would have experience with them. Thank you for the input

Thanks Chris, I seen some Amazon cnc options of 1” and 1.25”. I considered 1” to help the backspacing. A 1/4” isn’t much but maybe over time could help or is it even a big deal? Figured someone on here would have experience with them. Thank you for the input

.25” won’t make much of a difference at all. You’ll like those ones though. They’re actually very good quality.

.25” won’t make much of a difference at all. You’ll like those ones though. They’re actually very good quality.
Thank you for the recommendation, I just added them to my Amazon order. Much appreciated and happy Thanksgiving!

I run them too (the ones @Chris linked), in the 1.25 flavor. With a 4.75 BS, plus the 1.25 spacer, those might stick out too much. I think I'd get the 1" ones. I'm running JK Pinters with around 5.25 BS, and I have a slight amount of rubbing at full lock with 11.5" wide tires. 3.75 BS is kinda the sweet spot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaime313 and Chris
I run them too (the ones @Chris linked), in the 1.25 flavor. With a 4.75 BS, plus the 1.25 spacer, those might stick out too much. I think I'd get the 1" ones. I'm running JK Pinters with around 5.25 BS, and I have a slight amount of rubbing at full lock with 11.5" wide tires. 3.75 BS is kinda the sweet spot.

Thank you very much! Thats kids what I was thinking. Happy thanksgiving!