35's and Old Man Emu Ultimate TJ Kit

justinhustle

TJ Enthusiast
Is this possible with the following set up? Am I asking for way more trouble than I can imagine? Should I just go 33?

OME-TJ-LJ-Ultimate-Kit-1.png

This Complete Kit includes: **4-OME Sport Series Shocks, 4-OME Coil Springs, (your choice of coil rates) JKS “Quicker” Disconnects, JKS 1.25″ Body Lift, JKS 1″ Motor Mount Spacers, JKS Adj. Track bar (front) JKS Adj. Trackbar (rear), DPG 2″ Extended Bump stops (Front & rear) and JKS Adj Rear Swaybar End Links. It’s the Ultimate kit for your Jeep!

What’s the advertised lift for the coil springs? I see you can choose your coil rates, so I suppose you have a choice.

For 35’s = 3.75” Suspension Lift + 1.25” Body Lift

For 33’s = 2.5” SL + 1.25” BL

There are ways around these formulas if you do some kind of higher clearance fenders (e.g MCE, MC, AEV) (not flares, flares have nothing to do with extra clearance, they are cosmetic only)

Good plan, keep it up! I look forward to seeing your build

Reactions: ScottCO
Is this from DPG Offroad? If so this is the exact lift I have on my 2005 LJ, I run 285 75 R16 about 32.8" on stock Rubi wheels (Moabs) and it works very well, I could not be happier. I have had it for about 13 years and the shocks have been replaced as well as the front track bar. I have been told JKS redesigned the front track bar so maybe you won't have the same problem I did (JJ froze and wallowed out the frame mount..... Other than that is has performed very well for me. 35" would be a stretch in my opinion, the 33's look descent and perform well without hitting the fenders.....

Reactions: justinhustle
Good kit, I would go with 33s to allow sufficient clearance... I pieced mine together but have all the same components except maybe the DPG custom OME spring review (just bought the off the shelf Heavy kit). Hindsight, I wish I went with DPG, I don't have much weight in the rear end and my springs are designed for it, that's something I could have talked through with DPG and got a slightly lighter spring rate and better ride out of it (still no major complaints). Here's mine with 33s on 16" Moabs. I'd recommend 15" wheels for better tire options.
54add6c90f38208d338aac5200b2b6f2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

You can fit 35s with that lift, yes. However, I'd want more around 5" of lift (which is what I have) for 35s, as it's going to give you more room for articulation.

That lift IMHO is best suited for 33s.

A 4" suspension lift and 1" body lift would be better for 35s.

You can fit 35s with that lift, yes. However, I'd want more around 5" of lift (which is what I have) for 35s, as it's going to give you more room for articulation.

Plenty of room. I have room to spare. 33s are going to look tiny.

Plenty of room. I have room to spare. 33s are going to look tiny.

Plenty of room until you start to articulate off-road. Then you'll want some more room for more travel.

But for on-road, there's no issue whatsoever.

Plenty of room until you start to articulate off-road. Then you'll want some more room for more travel.

But for on-road, there's no issue whatsoever.
5” aesthetically I guess to me with the SWB looks a tad goofy. I like LCOG builds. Keep it low. I’d rather do highline fenders then go higher if I had to. That’s why opinions are great. They will be all over the place haha.

what size wheels?

Just look at my jeep and let me know what you think lol. I’m running 35s. Only thing I don’t have are the disconnects.

where can i see? what size wheels do you run?

google is not finding any wheels that size lol. maybe i suck at this.
4x4s / Jeep parts websites like quadratec, 4wd.com etc. have wheels to give you good ideas, punch in the year of your jeep and it will give you available wheels with the right bolt pattern.

What are your plans for the jeep?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk