35s on stock parts

Great! Now get it sandblasted and galvanized. There is a place in CT that does hot dip galvanizing.

IMG_20230202_195033.jpg

You’ll be happy with the rock jock setup. I’ve pieced together a Currie 4” lift over the years. Wish I had just done it right from the beginning

View attachment 397254

Nice rims! I got the same ones off of Craigslist with cheap Federalrally tires. Are those 35s?

My passenger side front fender is a little rusted out, going to replace with oems.

What fender flares are you running? I've been thinking about getting the cheap $150 steel 2-in fender flares from Amazon.

Nice rims! I got the same ones off of Craigslist with cheap Federalrally tires. Are those 35s?

My passenger side front fender is a little rusted out, going to replace with oems.

What fender flares are you running? I've been thinking about getting the cheap $150 steel 2-in fender flares from Amazon.

yes, 35s. I'm running the KBD urethane flares.

https://www.kbdbodykits.com/kits-1997-2006-jeep-wrangler.html
The good...they were inexpensive and feel like they will be pretty durable.

Cons: They required a LOT of work to get them ready for paint, and I only did bedliner. I would not suggest them if you wanted to get a nice, smooth, shiny surface (like a sahara). The Rustoleum bedliner in a rattle can has a pretty fine texture, similar to a textured powder coat or the factory texture. I use it for all my trim...works well and lasts.

Well, finally got the Jeep back!

I'm running the 4-in Curry suspension with a 1-in body lift and 35 inch tires.

I'm getting some tire rub. Assuming the bump stops were installed correctly, do you need to trim stock fenders for this setup?

IMG_20230605_113455.jpg

I'm getting some tire rub. Assuming the bump stops were installed correctly, do you need to trim stock fenders for this setup?

View attachment 430157

Where are you rubbing, and under what conditions?

Reactions: Alex01

View attachment 430157

If your bumps were set correctly then they wouldn't hit. If they are then you'll either need to add a bit more bump or cut into the fenders.

That said a little tire rub isn't going to hurt anything but if it's pushing hard on the walls of the fender it could cause damage over time.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Where are you rubbing, and under what conditions?
In the rear. I've got a 35 inch spare tire on the rear bumper.

I haven't really flexed the suspension yet, want to drill some drain holes and paint the inside of the frame first before I go off road and fill it up with mud.

Definitely the rear tires are rubbing somewhere when I go through a dip at 10 to 15 miles an hour.

I was a little disappointed with the fabricator, when I asked him if he cycled the suspension. His reply was, it's a kit you don't need to.

• Wow
Reactions: JMT

I haven't really flexed the suspension yet, want to drill some drain holes and paint the inside of the frame first before I go off road and fill it up with mud.

Definitely the rear tires are rubbing somewhere when I go through a dip at 10 to 15 miles an hour.

I was a little disappointed with the fabricator, when I asked him if he cycled the suspension. His reply was, it's a kit you don't need to.

Oh boy. Best learn how to cycle the suspension yourself. The rear tires will generally rub on the rear of the Fender cut out. Easiest method is shorten the control arms (all four) enough that it stops rubbing and its more well centered at full compression. What stinks is that the wheel will look out of place at ride height then...it will look like the axle is a bit forward from where it "should" be due to how the axle swings on the control arms.

Are you comfortable cycling the suspension on your own?

Is this the currie bump stop kit he installed in the rear? If so did he put the large washer down as well?

cur-ce9122r_01.jpg