35x13.50R15 or 35x10R15 tires

What gearing are you running? Your profile didn't tell me or maybe I'm too lazy to find it.
p.s. I run 10" wide wheels on mine. I like to drive in rain and snow and throw shit all over people who follow to close. They also ruin the paint on the doors because they throw crap everywhere.

View attachment 204862
Awesome. Which Thompson is that ?

I’m running 4.88 gears. Ox locker rear and Aussie locker in the front It’s awesome

I don't understand the dislike for a 13.5" wide tire IMO. I've ran them and never any problems. And those 13.5" ties will mount onto a 8" rim with no problem & if you don't have beadlocks will keep the bead better on lower air pressures.

If you like the looks of the SX2 then I say go for it and try them out. If you want a narrower tire then go with the 10" wide tire. It'll dig like crazy.

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
I don't understand the dislike for a 13.5" wide tire IMO. I've ran them and never any problems. And those 13.5" ties will mount onto a 8" rim with no problem & if you don't have beadlocks will keep the bead better on lower air pressures.

If you like the looks of the SX2 then I say go for it and try them out. If you want a narrower tire then go with the 10" wide tire. It'll dig like crazy.
Thanks wildman, I think ill give them a try. I want an agressive tire. Havent had an agressive tire since the late 80s , we all remember the Buckshot mudder ha.. narrow and bad to the bone.

Reactions: Wildman
Thanks wildman, I think ill give them a try. I want an agressive tire. Havent had an agressive tire since the late 80s , we all remember the Buckshot mudder ha.. narrow and bad to the bone.

In the late 80's I was running a Q78 Ground Hawg tire on a Nissan pickup. I wish I had some pictures of it. I'll have to dig up some old paper photos and scan them.

I don't think anyone dislikes them, they are just rare like a 35x10.50" tire. The 12.5" wide is made by so many tire companies.

Okay then why is everyone telling him not to run them? Toyo makes their M/T in a 13.5" wide in 35" and they offer it in the 33" tire.

33X13.50R15LT109QCBSW21.03602908.5-11.07633.113.92270/-35/-N/A628
35X13.50R15LT114QCBSW21.03610008.50-11.08234.814.42600/-35/-N/A596

There are more than a few tire makers who offer a 13.5" wide tire.

Okay then why is everyone telling him not to run them? Toyo makes their M/T in a 13.5" wide in 35" and they offer it in the 33" tire.

33X13.50R15LT109QCBSW21.03602908.5-11.07633.113.92270/-35/-N/A628
35X13.50R15LT114QCBSW21.03610008.50-11.08234.814.42600/-35/-N/A596

There are more than a few tire makers who offer a 13.5" wide tire.
didnt know that

didnt know that

If you want a radial tire that does good in snow and fairly well in mud and rocks the Toyo Open Country M/T is not a bad tire. I liked them a LOT and only went to the TSL SX becasue I'd always like those tires for their sidewall strength. We have a lot of rocks/roots/moss covered crap out here so sidewalls need to be strong.
That isn't saying I ever had any issues with my M/T's. I sold them with their Allied beadlocks to another Jeeper when I switched to the TSL's.

The TSL SX tire is a seriously aggressive tire but if you don't drive it every day IMO they'd make a good choice. If you drive it all the time then the Toyo's are the better choice.

Here's a wave to ya...

IMGP0130.jpg

If you want a radial tire that does good in snow and fairly well in mud and rocks the Toyo Open Country M/T is not a bad tire. I liked them a LOT and only went to the TSL SX becasue I'd always like those tires for their sidewall strength. We have a lot of rocks/roots/moss covered crap out here so sidewalls need to be strong.
That isn't saying I ever had any issues with my M/T's. I sold them with their Allied beadlocks to another Jeeper when I switched to the TSL's.

The TSL SX tire is a seriously aggressive tire but if you don't drive it every day IMO they'd make a good choice. If you drive it all the time then the Toyo's are the better choice.

Here's a wave to ya...

View attachment 204878
thanks for the good advice

Here are TSL SX 38X12.5X16.5 with about 3 PSI air in them on Hummer rims. They are also a 4 ply sidewall.

IMGP1917.jpg

And they work pretty good in the snow aired down like this.

IMGP1916.jpg

Side hill shot so it looks like it's flat.

looks like tracks. ha they really spread out. so whats the difference between the SX and SX2

The SX2 have the siping in them. Right off the web site.

The Super Swamper TSL/SX II is the second generation TSL/SX. The TSL/SXII offers all of the characteristics of the original TSL/SX, plus increased siping. This additional siping allows for better grip and traction sought after for various on and off-road situations. The TSL/SXII incorporates the distinctive Super Swamper chevron tread design and the famous, trademarked and patented, Interco TSL (three-stage lug) design as well. Like the TSL/SX, the TSL/SX II is designed for extremely tough off road conditions where sidewall strength and protection is needed to withstand the severe scuffing from running in ruts and rubbing on roots and rocks. The TSL/SX II has a strong nylon or polyester bias ply body with dual belts under the tread and wrap-a-round lugs. The sidewall lugs not only protect the sidewall but also provide extra traction when climbing out of ruts.

The Super Swamper TSL/SXII offers unsurpassed traction under the toughest of conditions and gives off-road enthusiasts a tire that is both directionally and laterally stable and unmatched in performance. Super Swamper TSL/SXII tires are D.O.T. approved off-road, purpose built tires that also provide a smooth on-road ride. TSL/SXII tires are available in a variety of popular wheel size and width combinations with new sizes being developed regularly. Note that the Super Swamper TSL/SXII has a unique design that requires strict attention to air pressure when run on the highway, and actual tread patterns may (slightly) vary based on tire size.

Yes and No
I made it up but had to have a little assistance.

IMG_0108.JPG

But at least I didn't break my frontend like Wendy did I don't remember what she broke but it was more than just and axle shaft.

IMG_0085.JPG

Would the 35x10 make the vehicle more likely to tip?
I’m thinking of the same tire for mine.

Slightly more likely, but that shouldn't be a decision maker. If you're wheeling trails where you might flop, you probably want 12.5" tires.

It's a trade off either way. Either better for rocks with a wider tire, or better for street with a narrow tire.