37 or 38 inch tires?

Me too. But that's because of the way I drive. He says he babys it and his old CJs apparently survived his driving with big tires which is why I'm guessing he'll be fine, even if me and you wouldn't. Or not...

I KNOW I wouldn't be OK.... Hehehehe :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Shit I broke my Dana 60 on 35" tires so just think what I'd do to a Dana 35. Now to be fair I had a Dana 35 on 35" tires but I had a Warn full float kit, Detroit locker & a Superior truss on it too.

I had a buddy who ran 37" tires on his V-8 powered CJ5 with a Dana 30. To be honest I got deployed to Iraq so I don't know how long it lived with them.

What if he ran BFG 37s? Aren't those close enough to 35s for the Dana 30?
35s to 37s is a huge jump. Lots to do other than make the jeep go vertical.

Take yours out and see what your weak points are in your riding style. Build from there. You may discover your build is more capable than assumed.
Yeah, building for 37’s is building for 40’s. I’ve always joked the reason is that there is no such thing as a Dana 52…

Last edited:
35's is still pushing your luck for a Dana 30. Just depends on what you're doing with it.
Well, a ‘30 with upgraded axle shafts and brakes will live fine with 35’s, and even take a good bit of abuse. But yeah, as with anything if you are pounding on it hard enough you can certainly get it to fail.

Well, a ‘30 with upgraded axle shafts and brakes will live fine with 35’s, and even take a good bit of abuse. But yeah, as with anything if you are pounding on it hard enough you can certainly get it to fail.

Not on my Jeep. I went through a few shafts and grenaded a locker before replacing it with a Currie RJ 44. No problems since and went up to 37's a couple years ago.

One of my friends with a Dana 30 and 35's just broke his gears on a trip. He's looking into upgrading.

with your transmission, 4.88s and current axles you could do 35s at a realistic cost but go to a larger tire than that ... fuhgeddaboudit
%14 or 513 whatever it is. Im fine bro. Son has done over 20k miles. I dont know, but I think thats proven your a tard

• Face Palm
Reactions: suicideking