Can I run 37s with a 4 inch lift?

It looks like it would offer more protection than the factory roll bar, no?
The factory bar is a well engineered design. It is easy to remove and put something in with less protection. It takes some skill and knowledge to engineer something stronger than the factory unit.

But it does look pretty.

It looks like it would offer more protection than the factory roll bar, no?
Why try to improve on perfection. :rolleyes:

WRECKED JEEP1 (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

Last edited:
Clean, practically useless as a cage though. But some folks don't want a cage, they just want to look like they have a cage and there's nothing wrong with that.

i suppose that this post is very telling about who you are and where you are coming from. There is no doubt that you are an accomplished fabricator and clearly know what you are talking about when it comes to race truck fabrication. But saying that the cage is practically useless as a cage is pure arrogance and pretty much discredits you in my book. I am going to have to take a long hard look at all the advise that you keep shoveling out around here and consider that I might be listening to the wrong guy.

The majority of the folks on this page are weekend warriors and shade tree mechanics at best. They are not racing their trucks through the desert at 80mph+. If I had to venture a guess, they are like me and the majority of their action is being had at 3-10 mph when crawling over rocks or some uneven surface 😂. Are you saying that having a roll cage made out of DOM tubing with some gusseting is the same as not having a cage at all? Not better than what came from the factory? I get that it’s probably worthless in a race but I’m assuming that Genright and Poison Spider are not selling cages to race car drivers.

I personally don’t take offense to being told that my roll cage is weak, that it’s just there to hold my speakers or that my Jeep “sucks”. I am building something that I enjoy and it brings me happiness, which as far as I’m concerned is the reason why I spend my money. But Blaine, you should know your audience and not make blanket statements that are not at all accurate. You could have said “that cage could use some more cross-bracing or triangulation to make it better”. Or “that’s not how I would have built it”. But saying that it’s practically worthless just makes me laugh.

i suppose that this post is very telling about who you are and where you are coming from. There is no doubt that you are an accomplished fabricator and clearly know what you are talking about when it comes to race truck fabrication. But saying that the cage is practically useless as a cage is pure arrogance and pretty much discredits you in my book. I am going to have to take a long hard look at all the advise that you keep shoveling out around here and consider that I might be listening to the wrong guy.

The majority of the folks on this page are weekend warriors and shade tree mechanics at best. They are not racing their trucks through the desert at 80mph+. If I had to venture a guess, they are like me and the majority of their action is being had at 3-10 mph when crawling over rocks or some uneven surface 😂. Are you saying that having a roll cage made out of DOM tubing with some gusseting is the same as not having a cage at all? Not better than what came from the factory? I get that it’s probably worthless in a race but I’m assuming that Genright and Poison Spider are not selling cages to race car drivers.

I personally don’t take offense to being told that my roll cage is weak, that it’s just there to hold my speakers or that my Jeep “sucks”. I am building something that I enjoy and it brings me happiness, which as far as I’m concerned is the reason why I spend my money. But Blaine, you should know your audience and not make blanket statements that are not at all accurate. You could have said “that cage could use some more cross-bracing or triangulation to make it better”. Or “that’s not how I would have built it”. But saying that it’s practically worthless just makes me laugh.
I could spend a bunch of time explaining why you are full of shit, but it is far easier this way. I hope you don't die while laughing when you depend on that CB rack to save your life. Anything else is 100% pure ignorance.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
I could spend a bunch of time explaining why you are full of shit, but it is far easier this way. I hope you don't die while laughing when you depend on that CB rack to save your life. Anything else is 100% pure ignorance.

I prefer to think of it as a speaker rack. And it still protects me more than the lap belts in my convertible NOVA so in my book, I’m improving my odds of survival by driving my Jeep. Just like wearing a mask in this “pandemic”. But maybe I should invest in a full-on hazmat suit and breathing apparatus to “really” be safe 🤣.

I prefer to think of it as a speaker rack. And it still protects me more than the lap belts in my convertible NOVA so in my book, I’m improving my odds of survival by driving my Jeep. Just like wearing a mask in this “pandemic”. But maybe I should invest in a full-on hazmat suit and breathing apparatus to “really” be safe 🤣.
Nice comparison but pure straw man.

You're assuming that the cage will hold. How do you know it won't cave in and shish kabob you or a passenger?

You're assuming that the cage will hold. How do you know it won't cave in and shish kabob you or a passenger?
Better question is if angle iron is good enough for down legs at the A pillar, why the round tube elsewhere? Or if round tube is required, why the angle iron down legs? One of these is not like the other.

Better question is if angle iron is good enough for down legs at the A pillar, why the round tube elsewhere? Or if round tube is required, why the angle iron down legs? One of these is not like the other.

I use tin foil for my top so the angle iron is pure BEEF!

Reactions: custommuffler
Clean, practically useless as a cage though. But some folks don't want a cage, they just want to look like they have a cage and there's nothing wrong with that.
Did you not notice the grab handles? Seems pretty useful to me! 😁

The factory bar is a well engineered design. It is easy to remove and put something in with less protection. It takes some skill and knowledge to engineer something stronger than the factory unit.

But it does look pretty.
The factory cage is a piece of crap. Tested just enough to pass sale in the US. I`d never consider this to be a cage. Neither would tech at any track in America.

So I’m sure I’ll get some crap for this, but my rig is 5in on 37’s.

Couple things. I bought it like this, as a replacement for my last TJ that got totaled. When I bought it it had Nitto trail grapplers which their 37’s are actually about 36.5. Anyway, my 00’ TJ has a Wagoner Dana 44 up front and a Rubicon Dana 44 in the rear. I mostly don’t disagree with what the other people on this forum say but I would say, if you aren’t going hard on the trails, you probably won’t destroy Dana 44’s with 37’s. Especially considering most tires aren’t exactly true to size. I just got a new set of tires and while they’re supposed to be 37’s I measured and they’re closer to 35.75. I’ve also got highline fenders in the front and tube fenders in the rear. The 4in suspension lift is also a custom mid arm, so the control arm brackets have all been moved towards the center of the Jeep by about 3in.

I didn’t really have any issues with travel limitation when I take it off road. At a off road park near me I was able to test out my suspension while I still had the trail grapplers and I was satisfied with it…for now.

of course there’s things I want to improve, in the years coming I plan to get a different DD, so I can stretch it and keep 37’s and have better stability and break over angles on obstacles. But for what I do now, I’m more than fine with how it runs.

01C50F9E-344F-4921-AA4B-2222B38B4DEC.jpeg

3D0CEDAC-3101-43FA-AF8A-C65F0DD6D225.jpeg

81ECF5E6-BE63-4B13-B0DF-8B9ADEA9B93E.jpeg

8031C96A-C682-428D-AD36-949F1AF3D222.jpeg

FE4A57BD-926D-4C23-B772-ABAAECD707E6.jpeg

So I’m sure I’ll get some crap for this, but my rig is 5in on 37’s.

Couple things. I bought it like this, as a replacement for my last TJ that got totaled. When I bought it it had Nitto trail grapplers which their 37’s are actually about 36.5. Anyway, my 00’ TJ has a Wagoner Dana 44 up front and a Rubicon Dana 44 in the rear. I mostly don’t disagree with what the other people on this forum say but I would say, if you aren’t going hard on the trails, you probably won’t destroy Dana 44’s with 37’s. Especially considering most tires aren’t exactly true to size. I just got a new set of tires and while they’re supposed to be 37’s I measured and they’re closer to 35.75. I’ve also got highline fenders in the front and tube fenders in the rear. The 4in suspension lift is also a custom mid arm, so the control arm brackets have all been moved towards the center of the Jeep by about 3in.

I didn’t really have any issues with travel limitation when I take it off road. At a off road park near me I was able to test out my suspension while I still had the trail grapplers and I was satisfied with it…for now.

of course there’s things I want to improve, in the years coming I plan to get a different DD, so I can stretch it and keep 37’s and have better stability and break over angles on obstacles. But for what I do now, I’m more than fine with how it runs.

View attachment 268201

View attachment 268202

View attachment 268203

View attachment 268204

View attachment 268205
Hilines? How are your front fenders any higher than the stock fenders without cutting your hood?

Reactions: rasband and jjvw
Hilines? How are your front fenders any higher than the stock fenders without cutting your hood?
They might not be full on high line style fenders. All I know is the front end has been trimmed a bit, and they sit a little higher than stock. Not sure what to call them lol. I didn’t install them