Texas $3900 97 TJ in Dallas (Coit & Alpha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hear

Can't type
Lifetime Supporting Member
Price
It's definitely a project but it has an (allegedly) new 32RH trans and no rust (that I could find). Has a metal cloak long arm kit with a 3-link up front. The tub been sprayed, but I banged on it a bunch and it felt solid, same with the frame. The frame hadn't been sprayed. Biggest issue is that there is some buggered wiring behind the dash and around the fuel injector areas. He says it cranks but won't start, but also didn't have a battery in it for me to even begin to diagnose. Has a hardtop that needs some fiberglass repair on the top.

I'm usually the outlier around here on these things, but I was ONLY looking at it to see if I could make it run and then flip for like $7500 (since I'm currently not working). The paint & interior make it a bad candidate for that sort of flip, but the wiring is a fairly easy fix. Definitely a good candidate if you're looking for a TJ to beat on. Also note the Antirock. If I didn't already have 3 jeeps in the driveway, I'd probably own it now.

Around here they only go for less than $6k if they have massive rust OR you make a 2hr drive outside the metroplex.

Let me know if the link doesn't work.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...ghtspeed_banner&referralCode=messenger_banner

_nc_ohc=NBn96TBpjZAAX_nB5jN&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
Must resist... 😬😬😬

I know. He said he had tons of interest, not surprisingly, but I was the first one to look at it. Seller can't show it before 7pm, so you have to look at it in the dark. It might be a strategy. I do believe it's a good jeep, with 3 caveats: First, no clue about the motor but you can find another 4.0 pretty easily. Second, I used to fear transmission problems but now I see them as profit centers for yours truly. And third, you will probably get nickeled & dimed to death:

* No instrument cluster.
* Needs the HVAC control (I think it has A/C so you need the expensive a/c equipped slider control)
* other stuff at the center bezel: vents, change tray, cigar lighter
* oil pressure sender (he's got a mechanical gauge in there now, boy I wish I had a picture of it. You would LAUGH. Imagine an autometer gauge completely removed from its housing)
* New seats, most likely
* you'll get carpal tunnel splicing in new wires, likely need new connectors in some places
* needs a shifter T handle & console (if you're into that stuff)

That's just what I saw/noticed/remembered. Most of it isn't systematic critical stuff, but it's the stuff that stood in the way of max profit.

That said, go get it, champ!! You won't find a better one cheaper, that much I can say with 100% confidence.

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
Shoot, for 4k, I should bring it north, steal the frame, and part the rest. Be an easy way to get a frame and make y money back

It has the factory control arm mounts removed (not exactly professionally), but otherwise it seemed to be ok. It was dark, but I had a bright light and looked at what I could. I banged on it, stuck my finger in....it felt as solid as anything I've looked at. That plus the transmission gets you close to even before anything else. I would part it out myself but I don't have the stomach for the fight. That and the space to do so, and a wife willing to put up with it.

No way in hell I would have bought that , the amount of work and money to get it where I would want it , I would be better off buying a really nice one. That will be one hell of a money pit. I bet whoever bought it regrets it , look for it to be relisted for sale !

Reactions: Starrs
Status
Not open for further replies.