392 Hemi V8 coming (possibly to new Wrangler / Gladiator)

I can't speak for the new one but can attest to statement about old bronco. The 71' we had I only removed top once, not worth the trouble

I can't speak for the new one but can attest to statement about old bronco. The 71' we had I only removed top once, not worth the trouble
The new top will be a 2 piece design I believe. Shouldn’t be an issue to take off lol. I doubt ford would design something to compete with wrangler that would be a nightmare to take off. Hell they already got it right with mounting the mirrors to the A pillar and not on the door so when the bronco doors come off you still have mirrors. Jeep still hasn’t figured this out

The new top will be a 2 piece design I believe. Shouldn’t be an issue to take off lol. I doubt ford would design something to compete with wrangler that would be a nightmare to take off. Hell they already got it right with mounting the mirrors to the A pillar and not on the door so when the bronco doors come off you still have mirrors. Jeep still hasn’t figured this out
I haven't read up on em'. The pics that I've seen they look like a land Rover that ate everyone's quarantine snacks. Have to see one in person to get a better look at it.

392, neat but the real story is what will FCA put behind and underneath it?
That’s not as important to me in CA. I can swap axles and transfer case and pass smog. It’s a big hurdle to smog after a motor swap. Bring on the HEMI

392 would be awesome, especially if they suprized us and have a stick option. I’m still excited about the Diesel, I’d love it even more if they offered a manual trans. That would be by far my preference in drivetrain.

I‘m hoping they offer it in a Gladiator for 2021. Never thought I would pay for a new vehicle but, I‘m literally dreaming of ways to spend $$$$!
Get rid of the bed.
Lop off a few feet in the rear of the frame.
Set it on Pro Rocks and 42’s
Need to figure out how to sell $100k vehicle to my wife when I’ve spent my life saying I would never have a $100,000 vehicle

While this is awesome and definitely something Id be interested in, the last thing I thought when I had my JLUR was I need a Hemi. The V6 and 8 speed auto were a perfect combo. Sure, this appeals to my inner child and I hope they do it, but with TC off, Id boil 37s with ease on stock 4.10s. Clearly they are listening though, as this is what consumers want and will pay premium for.

001-200712-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-392-concept.jpg

• Love
Reactions: reddvltj
Give me a short bed option Gladiator with a V8 and the 8 speed auto and I will sell my Ram 1500 and buy a smaller boat.