3B Offroad Park in Eureka Springs, AR

freedom_in_4low

I'm a rooster illusion
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Kindof a small park, the most exciting part of this video is the music, but if you're considering going, this is about what you have to look forward to. From a technical difficulty standpoint, there's not much between what is shown in the video and the next step, which is basically straight up hill climbs that I would hesitate to tackle without a lower COG like a SxS.

Eureka Springs is a pretty cool town. Did you get to explore the town at all. Great Mt Biking in that area as well, Lake Leatherwood is some of my favorite in the area, old school hand-cut Single Track. There is also some good down hill trails that are above my paygrade.

Never wheeled there, but I think that place used to be Wheeling World and I heard it was for sale. Happy to see that the new owners kept it a park.

If you want more of the Forest Service roads, there is plenty to Explore in the Ozarks. Basically from Fayetteville over to Russellville is full of trails. The MVUM maps are free on the NFS site. Also, google Arkansas High Water Mark and you will find a bunch of info.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
Eureka Springs is a pretty cool town. Did you get to explore the town at all. Great Mt Biking in that area as well, Lake Leatherwood is some of my favorite in the area, old school hand-cut Single Track. There is also some good down hill trails that are above my paygrade.

Never wheeled there, but I think that place used to be Wheeling World and I heard it was for sale. Happy to see that the new owners kept it a park.

If you want more of the Forest Service roads, there is plenty to Explore in the Ozarks. Basically from Fayetteville over to Russellville is full of trails. The MVUM maps are free on the NFS site. Also, google Arkansas High Water Mark and you will find a bunch of info.

We didn't do much exploring. We did last time we were there in 2015, and it was pretty cool. I wanted to go back to the German restaurant but it was closed. I didn't ask for the "why" but they said it would open in a couple of weeks. I was bummed 'cause I love German food.

I'm a beer snob so we went to Eureka Springs Brewing and had a couple drinks. Mostly we just hung out at the cabin and enjoyed some peace and quiet without our 7 and 4 year old boys. :ROFLMAO:

Yes, it used to be Wheeling World. I hope it stays open; we talked about how there's probably a LOT of things they could do with that land that would be way more profitable. We were there for 5 hours on a Saturday and only saw about 4 other vehicles the entire time.

I have all the MVUM's downloaded in Avenza. I'll definitely try to explore some of that when I can. High Water Mark looks like it would be really cool too. Might round up some buddies to do that some time in the fall when things start cooling off.

Last edited:
Reactions: gasiorv
Kindof a small park, the most exciting part of this video is the music, but if you're considering going, this is about what you have to look forward to. From a technical difficulty standpoint, there's not much between what is shown in the video and the next step, which is basically straight up hill climbs that I would hesitate to tackle without a lower COG like a SxS.

That’s 45 minutes from me. Had fun but seemed more razor friendly.

@freedom_in_4low let me know next time you're planning some sorta trip in KS, MO, OK, or AR. My jeep isn't totally squared yet, but possibly close enough for a little wheeling trip.
Hi! I joined this signed up just to shout out.. I have an 04 TJ and none of my friends have jeeps. I live in Olathe Kansas and would really be interested in wheeling some people with experience. I've ran out to Tuttle creek solo a few times but I think it would be fun with other people. Not to sound too much like I'm stalking the weather is getting nice and I'm getting that "itch".

Welcome! I’m actually from Olathe and just moved to Wichita about 2 years ago. All my family still lives up that way so I come back up regularly. I’ve been planning to do a trip to Tuttle sometime soon. I’ve heard KS Rocks is decent too, it’s down near Pittsburg. What all have you done to your Jeep?

I bought it with the lift already installed. I swapped the wheels, put in a new engine, replaced the cats, added a hardtop, new bumpers, winch, light upgrades, onboard air, the u-joints were a little loose replaced those. And Tuttle is fun I didn't go too crazy solo just because I didn't want a crazy tow bill. :)

Will post when I'm heading that direction again. Don't suppose there's any good wheeling near Kingman or Pratt, is there? My in laws have 155 acres they use for hunting and lease to farmers so I make it up there periodically but it looks like stereotypical, wizard of Oz Kansas - flat as a pancake.

I bought it with the lift already installed. I swapped the wheels, put in a new engine, replaced the cats, added a hardtop, new bumpers, winch, light upgrades, onboard air, the u-joints were a little loose replaced those. And Tuttle is fun I didn't go too crazy solo just because I didn't want a crazy tow bill. :)
Sounds like a solid build for the most part! And ya, being able to still drive home is crucial, ha.
Will post when I'm heading that direction again. Don't suppose there's any good wheeling near Kingman or Pratt, is there? My in laws have 155 acres they use for hunting and lease to farmers so I make it up there periodically but it looks like stereotypical, wizard of Oz Kansas - flat as a pancake.
Ya, not much out that way. I mean we could probably find some creek crossings and such. If your in-laws land ever gets too overrun with turkey and deer let me know, I'd be happy to keep those in check and only about 40 min away.