3D printable pods for 5.25" in-dash speakers

Hi all, this is my first post so let me start by sharing some goodies. :)

These are some speaker pods I designed to be 3D printed so that we can all have better audio without costing an arm/leg. If you already have a printer, these can be printed for less than $5 worth of plastic. They made a huge difference in my TJ, so if you have a printer give 'em a try.

Thingiverse link
You're a life saver. I was just thinking about designing and printing some of these but thought I would check around for an .stl first. Thank You so much.

I printed these up and put Polk DB 522s up front. Fit just fine. Stuffed a little acoustic insulation in behind the speaker in the pod. I had to drill a small hole in the back to run the wires. I bought a set of adapter/connectors that plugged into the factory speaker connectors. I think the brand was Metra but I can't recall the part number.

Reactions: SSTJ
Just stumbled upon this. @chase
Hi all, this is my first post so let me start by sharing some goodies. :)

These are some speaker pods I designed to be 3D printed so that we can all have better audio without costing an arm/leg. If you already have a printer, these can be printed for less than $5 worth of plastic. They made a huge difference in my TJ, so if you have a printer give 'em a try.

Thingiverse link

Just stumbled upon this thread and am interested. Are you still posting these for sale anywhere?

I wish I would have seen this thread before I bought the Sound Increments pods for $80. I have a Creality Ender-3 V2 3D printer. I haven't gotten too serious with it yet, but I've made a few things for my LJ. Most of the stuff I've made was for my Axial SCXII Deadbolt R/C crawler.

I have a pair of 3D printed pods. Sell for $50 shipped. Brand new, never used. I never even tried them out. PM me if interested

Can anyone recommend a 3D printing service? I'm wondering if I could take this Thingiverse file and upload it to some 3D printing service, who would mail it to me. Is that a thing these days?

I never got a reply from Chase, but I did find a seller on eBay. In my case, the eBay version did not fit in my 97, even after trimming away the steel frame.

I think I started another thread on here asking for recommendations of a 3D printing service, if you’d like to print Chase’s file yourselves.

Reactions: Stockli
I never got a reply from Chase, but I did find a seller on eBay. In my case, the eBay version did not fit in my 97, even after trimming away the steel frame.

I think I started another thread on here asking for recommendations of a 3D printing service, if you’d like to print Chase’s file yourselves.
Excellent! Thank you!

Did Chase's file fit a 97 OK

I ended up drawing my own in Solidworks and printing them on my Ender 3 V2 using standard PLA. They fit 5.25" speakers and mount using the jeeps original mounting holes.

What's nice it that these print as one piece. No screwing, gluing or gasketing parts together.

They could use a bit of refinement as it was a first draft, but I'm happy with how they sound.

box1.JPG

I ended up drawing my own in Solidworks and printing them on my Ender 3 V2 using standard PLA. They fit 5.25" speakers and mount using the jeeps original mounting holes.

What's nice it that these print as one piece. No screwing, gluing or gasketing parts together.

They could use a bit of refinement as it was a first draft, but I'm happy with how they sound.

View attachment 331334
Just a heads up, PLA will get soft in the summer heat. I suggest PETG

Reactions: Fulton_Hogan
I assume most, if not all, the dash speaker pods will not clear the headlight switch on the earlier TJs?