3rd, 4th, and 5th vehicles?

Sea Cot

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I've achieved, in my opinion, a good combination of beater vehicles that cater to my driving and lifestyle wants and needs.
  1. Wife's daily driver/family huckster: '17 Flex
  2. The daily grinder: '13 Subaru Outback, 127k mi. Comfy, reliable, and surefooted. The 6spd is a riot in the snow.
  3. 4x4 toy: '06 LJR, 168k mi Top & doors off April-Oct, driven on nice days <40% chance of rain.
  4. Corner carver/fun car: '03 Mini Cooper S, 153k mi. Smiles for miles, it's a hoot to drive.
  5. Workhorse: '07 Dodge 2500 5.7L 4x4, 170k mi Because someday, I'll need to transport a 4x8 lumber sheet and other people's stuff from A-B.
  6. muscle car project: '63 Galaxie
Vehicles 1-4 are roadworthy, plated, and insured. The Dodge, which I acquired Sunday, will get TTL'd this week. The '63. . . ugh. I stand proud over the beater fleet enjoying the moment though realizing that one shall go away soon. Michigan insurance rates are a deterrent, but driveway space is the primary concern. I have 4 cars in a 3-car garage, and two are parked outside. To drive the Mini or LJ now requires shuffling the Ram or Subaru. If I had a longer driveway or alternative parking options, no problem.

Who else has cars on deck, in the hole, and in the dugout ready to drive?

Wife and I have a son at home and a daughter away at college

Our current list in the order they were acquired and on our property

1) rusty, dusty and non running 1965 Beetle
2) non running pipe buggy, with no title😢
3) wife's 2014 Forester
4) my son's 1995 Dodge Ram, it was my dad's
5) son's rusty but again running YJ
6) my 1977 CJ5
7) my 2006 Rubicon
8) my 2005 Dodge Rumble Bee

Only the first two are currently in a garage and the Forester gets added every winter so it gets the windows scraped less often. I'm not even sure how we get away with this in our neighborhood. We do have one of the biggest lots but it's not quite 1/2 acre.

The daughter's 2009 Cobalt is with her at Duke University and the son has another YJ in pieces in "grandpa's workshop" at my mother's house.

Reactions: Sea Cot
My neighbors have 4, 5 & 6 vehicles. They like to park them everywhere except their own driveway because it inconveniences what is parked in their garage. It's an ongoing battle and they have no regard for anyone else's space.

Ok I feel better, thanks for letting me vent. :p

• Haha
Reactions: Sea Cot
Wife's - 2016 C300 Benz awd
my DD - 2016 Outback that I plan to drive into the ground
College Son - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek
17 year old daughter - 2014 explorer
my other toys:
2005 half door TJ
1981 Corvette nice shape for a driver
1974 TR6 in great shape, don't drive it but am too lazy to sell it.

84 cj project Wrecked and need to sell
05 LJ still being built
94 YJ need to sell, has Elockers, 4.6 stroker
08 Rio loaner car, no AC or power steering from factory, lifetime registration
15 JK daily driver wife
85 Chevy plow truck
17 jetta daily driver me
68 Hemi Charger project
1941 Taylorcraft, flies but needs a few things done to get airworthy

not a subaru in the bunch and never will