3rd brake lights in open lug holes on you spare

MountaineerTom

LJ Enthusiast, Retired USAF Weapons Loader
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I bought these lights at Advance Auto Parts to put in the empty lug holes on the spare tire. They were just a little loose in the Pro Comp wheels, so I bought a big rubber washer and traced out a circle slightly bigger so it will fit in the wheel better. It worked pretty good. The white wire from the jeep 3rd brake light harness is the power wire, but the black wire on the light is the power wire (white wire on LED is ground), so be sure to connect them properly.

I used these 2 wire connectors to hook up the 3rd brake lights in the spare wheel lug holes. They do fit through the lug hole openings too.

Sea Dog Polarized Connector 2-Wire Plug and Socket

s-l1600.jpg mcl11_12_lin.jpg IMG_4265.JPGIMG_6785.JPGIMG_6787.JPGSea dog 2 wire connector.jpg IMG_6006.JPG IMG_6007.JPG IMG_4260.JPG

—————

I've since replaced the LED lights with these. These use 3 LED's in each light vs 1 LED in each like the previous lights. The black wire is the power wire and the white wire is the ground on this LED.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...3-high-flux-leds-pigtail-connector/1982/4520/

rmpc-x-lp-front-updated.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: matkal and KCsTJ
I like it. I’ve seen them in the center hole, but never seen one done like that.