4.3 Swap: transfer case / driveshaft question

chef_vader

Planning a little engine swap into the TJ next summer. Only 2.5 inches of lift with stock style control arms. No plan (yeah I know) to do much more in that regard.

The question is has anyone ever ran a slip yolk-double cardan driveshaft? Plan is to use the 4.3 (don't want to hear it!) I'm building, I have an NV3500, looking for a manual shift NP231C from an S10 and trying to avoid the cost/hassle of doing a SYE on a Chevy TC. Here is an example of the driveshaft I'm talking about. Says blazer, pic is for Jeep... http://www.driveshaftsuperstore.com/blazer_rear_drive_shaft.htm

Also any other information or suggestions on anything that could be a bolt up for the Chevy version of the NV3500 would be appreciated.

Sorry I haven't but I have done a 4.3 vortec multiport with a 4l60-E and the chevy transfer case in my YJ, and mine had a fixed yoke. I am not sure what the differences are with Chevy, but maybe you can find one from an automatic that will work on your manual?

Other than that I have not used a double cardan with a slip

Also stick with the manual you will be much happier. Mine was a pig with with the automatic. I mean it was OK but I was sad I didn't V8 it. I might have been happier if I left it a manual.

lastly be careful with the fuel lines when cutting out the old motor mounts hehe

If you find a 231J with a fixed yoke that may just bolt right one too. Not positive but worthwhile checking into?

Planning a little engine swap into the TJ next summer. Only 2.5 inches of lift with stock style control arms. No plan (yeah I know) to do much more in that regard.

The question is has anyone ever ran a slip yolk-double cardan driveshaft? Plan is to use the 4.3 (don't want to hear it!) I'm building, I have an NV3500, looking for a manual shift NP231C from an S10 and trying to avoid the cost/hassle of doing a SYE on a Chevy TC. Here is an example of the driveshaft I'm talking about. Says blazer, pic is for Jeep... http://www.driveshaftsuperstore.com/blazer_rear_drive_shaft.htm

Also any other information or suggestions on anything that could be a bolt up for the Chevy version of the NV3500 would be appreciated.

Too easy. Make your own. Some say, “if you want it done right, do it yourself.”

F815CC4F-22AD-4C26-8A7F-E5479079AA97.jpeg
Obviously you can use this to build a custom dc slip yoke shaft yourself. It may require some work. But I think if you're swapping an engine this should be easy.

Thanks for the input you guys! I had considered just making one. I guess what I'm thinking about is with only 2.5 inches of lift and the option to basically give myself a "motor mount lift" when installing the engine to help reset the drive line angle, should I even be worried about an SYE, and if anyone had used a double cardan slip yolk DS, is it even worth it due to it's length.