4 door question

DaisyJeep

From a purely curious place, what's the opinion of a 4-door from hard core Jeep enthusiasts? Is it a true Wrangler or isn't it? I've heard plenty of arguments for both sides...I'm wondering what y'all think.

I don’t like them personally. To be they’ll always be the SUV version of the Wrangler.

Capable, yes. Stupid looking, also yes.

Opinion of course ;)

Fasten your seatbelts its gonna be a bumpy ride with this thread...

The day they stop making a two door model with a removable top, body on frame, transfer case, solid axles, and a 7-slot grill will signify the end of the Wrangler. We have a JKUHR and it’s a very capable Jeep off road but I don’t consider it a Wrangler.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
The day they stop making a two door model with a removable top, body on frame, transfer case, solid axles, and a 7-slot grill will signify the end of the Wrangler. We have a JKUHR and it’s a very capable Jeep off road but I don’t consider it a Wrangler.
Just because of the 2 extra doors? Or what? I don’t have a dog in the fight yet just curious. Like I said I used to hate them but I’ve seen/found some that def have swayed me. 35s at minimum they need to look appropriate, but when upfitted right for the extra length i think they look damn good.

As far as aesthetics is concerned, the JL fixes many of the things that made the JK look odd to me. The JL was a true Wrangler from day one. :)

Reactions: Jamesval035
Just because of the 2 extra doors? Or what? I don’t have a dog in the fight yet just curious. Like I said I used to hate them but I’ve seen/found some that def have swayed me. 35s at minimum they need to look appropriate, but when upfitted right for the extra length i think they look damn good.
37s acctualy, 35s are the minimum size for an LJ ;)

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

I think they strayed too far from the sporty Wrangler image when they added the extra doors kinda like the Tahoe 2 door vs the 4 door, wasn’t the 4 door just a Tahoe with 2 extra doors or was it a Suburban with a shorter wheelbase?

Reactions: Starrs
I think they strayed too far from the sporty Wrangler image when they added the extra doors kinda like the Tahoe 2 door vs the 4 door, wasn’t the 4 door just a Tahoe with 2 extra doors or was it a Suburban with a shorter wheelbase?
I love them both, and if I found a 2 door AEV JKR that checked all my boxes it would prolly be in my garage and my fiancé would have to deal with it hahaha. The 4 door makes the most sense for the “family”, but the 2 door is the cooler looking one no doubt. The 2 door JL def has more room than the jk. It doesn’t look like it, but the 2 door JL and LJ are basically the same length.

Reactions: DrDmoney
I don’t like them personally. To be they’ll always be the SUV version of the Wrangler.

Capable, yes. Stupid looking, also yes.

Opinion of course ;)

I have the same opinion but I'll also say that if I really needed a 4 door SUV it would probably be the one I bought. And since a 4 door SUV is a 4 door SUV I'd probably even get the hard top.

Reactions: Chris
I'm not a fan of them. To me they are just another SUV. I thought it was funny when I had my Liberty that people would say it wasn't a real Jeep. Well, to me it was no different then a 4 door wrangler, just a different body style. I've seen Liberty's with the right set ups, do just as much as the 4 door wranglers. On the internet that is. I've never been wheelin yet. LOL

I'm not a fan of them. To me they are just another SUV. I thought it was funny when I had my Liberty that people would say it wasn't a real Jeep. Well, to me it was no different then a 4 door wrangler, just a different body style. I've seen Liberty's with the right set ups, do just as much as the 4 door wranglers. On the internet that is. I've never been wheelin yet. LOL
The liberty isn’t a real jeep tho? It’s jeeps version of the Honda CRV. Sure you can lift it and put big tires on it but it has no lockers that I’m aware of unless yours does. 2 door jeeps are regarded as true jeeps and that opinion won’t change ever more than likely, but the 4 door for certain ppl make sense. The 4 door wrangler will def out wheel a liberty haha.