400,000 people have joined a Facebook event pledging to raid Area 51

and this is why its an interesting discussion. These are the people that run ALL the media outlets and would welcome the chance to cover a civil war, or mass shooting as it happens. Its all about framing the subject and ability to control the narrative.

That's an interesting "what if".

Reactions: Ericict
LOL,....Shit stirrer...

No, stirring things up would be me making an exhaustive list that compared the relative strengths and weaknesses of both Jesus and Hermione Granger... which I'm pretty sure the latter would win just on account of that whole "can control time and space with a fidget spinner" thing. I'd be willing to bet that Jesus would have loved one of those by The Third Day. Hermione 1, Jesus 0.

It no doubt could. With the Internet, the nutcase type people can congregate and form a force. That in itself is unsettling.

I agree we own that, but I feel our government shouldn't have to show all its cards because once you show your cards the crappy countries and terrorists can use that against you. Somethings need to be behind closed doors for our own safety as a nation.

I think we agree on most all of this though.

There is a bit of a social agreement between We the People and our government that allows certain cards to be hidden. That same agreement allows some of those cards to exist if the first place.

Most of these "social agreements" took shape and became accepted long before the gravity of the internet was ever a twinkle in an anarchist's eye.

But as long as enough people behave themselves, everything will carry on as it has been all these years. :)

Even in England? Most of everything is garbage here, but I enjoy the old Top Gear and now Grand Tour. Then there is that baking show over there. I actually like to cook, so I enjoy that. Most TV in the US is lousy for sure though.
stopped watching top gear years ago, just seemed like a same basic formular over and over again for decades on end like most old british shows, dowloaded the pilot for grand tour was the exact same thing, reality tv and gameshows is on the main reasons I tuned out so no i dont watch the baking show either.

I keep a TV for local news and NCAA BB season. I know we watch less than 2hrs a week unless its BB season.
I go online for local and international news, the TV in my living room is little more than a monitor for my PC's and consoles. I watch UFC and boxing but even thats downloaded the morning after because of the time zone differences

Reactions: Chris and Ericict
Most of these "social agreements" took shape and became accepted long before the gravity of the internet was ever a twinkle in an anarchist's eye.

Well the Internet is a big factor as the anarchists can find each other much easier. Thankfully governments can also find them, so I am not sure if it is a wash or not.

Well the Internet is a big factor as the anarchists can find each other much easier. Thankfully governments can also find them, so I am not sure if it is a wash or not.

I have mixed feelings on how thankful I might be in that regard.

Reactions: reddvltj
CC578AE1-49E4-451E-A2D5-49E971C72B82.jpeg