42RLE is in limp mode with P0700 code on first start

Stpritch

I’ve got the 42rle and on 1st start in the morning it is in limp mode with P0700. I stop in 1st 100 ft, turn key off and restart and it’s good for the day no matter how long it’s parked. It doesn’t make any sense to me at all! Anyone else seen this issue?

Mora

TJ Enthusiast
What @pagrey said. Had the same issue two weeks ago except I was 20 miles away from my house. Codes ended up reading that there was an input speed sensor error. Thankfully only a $50 fix.

Reactions: Chris
OP
S

Stpritch

Looking to purchase a code scanner for this and any future issues. Any recommendations that won’t break the bank?

Mora

TJ Enthusiast
Looking to purchase a code scanner for this and any future issues. Any recommendations that won’t break the bank?
It seems a lot of people on the forums have androids for their phones. Most people grab an ELM 327 Bluetooth OBDII Reader and use Torque Lite on their phones.

I have an iPhone so I bought https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073XKQQQW/?tag=wranglerorg-20 and I use OBD Fusion on the app store. So far works great for me but haven't gotten to test any codes on it yet. Only have had it for about 2 weeks tho.

I also saw that a couple of other forum members used OBDII Scanners from Harbor Freight (and other various stores). The Bluetooth ones you use with your phone tend to show you a lot more data.

Modoc Guy

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I picked up the same one Chris uses, the Launch Creader V+ from Amazon. It was on sale for $40.00 and free shipping.

I’ve used it once and it works fine. And it has many features. Check ‘em out.