45k for this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? I might put mine up for $35K. If we all start doing it we can manipulate the perceived value compass.

Reactions: Chris
We sit here and gawk, but this is often times how it goes.

I remember back in the day owning a 1989 BMW M3 (E30 M3). I bought it for 10k from a forum, and it was in pristine condition. Sure, it was a good looking car and it was fun to drive when I was younger, but it was by no means insanely fast or anything special, just a really cool car.

Well, I wish I had held onto it, because nowadays they sell for upwards of 40k all day long. In fact, Haggerty has one in "good" condition going for 60k, and a pristine example going for 120k.

My point is that all "collector" vehicles usually start out as something where no one really sees the insane value, but somehow they keep getting driven up in price, because people are willing to pay it.

The issue with TJs however (that I think will prevent this), is that there was so many of them made, that it's not really a "rare" vehicle.

The E30 M3 on the other hand was only made in small numbers (10,000 I believe), so the amount of them that are still around these days aren't as many.

Who knows, maybe one day the TJ will get there (I hope it does), but in the meantime, you'd be stupid to pay 45k for a vehicle that is just over a decade old.

Reactions: LCL-Dead
Not sure I'd take 45K for mine at present. Lol
It's a fairly long process to get a Jeep where you want it with all the available mods.
BUT, I'll know where to start if I decide to sell :)

I love that ARB front bumper, its always been one of my favorites but its expensive...

Did anyone notice that a Honda dealership is the seller. Why would a Honda dealer try to get this type of price out of an LJ Rubicon? Something doesn't add up here. the dealership has no incentive to keep a rig like this around on their lot. Seriously, how many people walk into a Honda dealership to buy a modified LJ. Two very different types of buyers. And I can guarantee you that the dealership didn't mod the jeep or restore it.

yeah, I got a killer deal on my TJR at the Subaru Dealer. They took it on trade a few days earlier and just wanted it gone. I was a cash deal, take it home today. $13.8K for a 5 year old TJR with 90K highway miles.

Reactions: Rob5589
yeah, I got a killer deal on my TJR at the Subaru Dealer. They took it on trade a few days earlier and just wanted it gone. I was a cash deal, take it home today. $13.8K for a 5 year old TJR with 90K highway miles.

Exactly, most dealers want to get those
Types of vehicles off their lot.

Exactly, most dealers want to get those
Types of vehicles off their lot.
Exactly. The Rubicon I bought (from a Toyota dealership) was one day away from going to auction. This dealership had no idea what they had, and when I said I would take it for $16.9k, they jumped all over it (as did I).

They had no plans to have it sit on their lot so they could try to get $25-30k...

9ede45cdd0ab2d6df553a57297a047e4.jpg

I'll let y'all know what his response is.

Status
Not open for further replies.