4Runner forum?

matkal

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
My daughter and son in law are looking at an 06 4Runner with a v8, I’m looking for recommendations for a good 4Runner/Toyota truck forum to do some research.

Reactions: Rick Flair
I belonged to toyota-4runner.org in my prior years. It's a good, knowledgeable group.

They're all still brainwashed that Toyotas are industructible and Icon suspension is the only way to go so tread lightly.

Make sure the timing belt is addressed on the 4.7 and the hatch isn't all rusted out and the frame is ok.

Reactions: matkal
Hmm.. I thought for certain this would be a top answer.

200.gif

• Haha
I’m assuming frame rust, like our TJs, isn’t an issue in the south/west?
I wouldn't put it past a Toyota truck to find a way to rust. I had a three year old 4Runner and the frame was in worse shape than the 15 year old LJ I picked up. Both were from New York state.

Thank goodness for fluidfilm.

XIAvdh8.jpg

I wouldn't put it past a Toyota truck to find a way to rust. I had a three year old 4Runner and the frame was in worse shape than the 15 year old LJ I picked up. Both were from New York state.

I had my LJ inspected today in PA. When I picked up my jeep, the mechanic asked me to look under the 2008 Chevy Silverado on the lift. OMG. The frame was worse than any TJ/LJ frame pictured in this forum. The mechanic calls Chevy truck's Rusterado's.

• Haha
Reactions: IAmTodd
Well the 4R they were interested turned out TGTBT and the "dealership" has a really bad rep. Thanks for all the help.

Thank you!

Well, T4R.org is the go to. But like said, it’s Toyota fan boi time there and yes, if you don’t run Icon stage 6 and method wheels…you suck and your truck sucks. Might as well add in Baja designs lights and BFG tires. 😂

Sad part of this is….I have method beadlocks. BFG tires. Soooo….

Wade through it like you have to here. Savvy and Blaine aren’t the only builders out there. Do your thing, figure out what your after.

Enjoy.

BTW, OME and Dobinsons are my go to for Toyota. I like prinsu for roof racks, a close second is Rhino Racks, ARB for lockers, Tred pro for boards…I can go on.

Point is, wade through the fan boi stuff. Find real world use.

I was on Toyota Nation for years back when I worked on them for a living which was quite a long time ago. You aren't going to find a lot of off-road centric stuff on there, but it's good for general tech.