4th quarter Gladiator sales 16000 plus

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
The Gladiator is going to average around 5400 units a month for the 4th quarter .

My guess is we will see it stay in production another year at least , and then FCA will let sales dictate its’ future.

My opinion is a bigger engine could make it an enormous success , and would lead to a bigger engine in the JLU.

Sales numbers aren't too bad when looking at other midsize trucks. The eco diesel will surely bring a decent amount of new buyers to the table also.
Capture.JPG

The Gladiator is going to average around 5400 units a month for the 4th quarter .

My guess is we will see it stay in production another year at least , and then FCA will let sales dictate its’ future.

My opinion is a bigger engine could make it an enormous success , and would lead to a bigger engine in the JLU.
The Diesel is the big engine they have all been clamoring for and now they get it. It won’t go anywhere.

I never did have a major complaint with it being brought to Market.... I had always taken the position that it just wasn't going to be the next Tacoma and sell 20,000 units a month.... And historically knew Jeep never did real well in the truck Market but also... To be real fair about it they didn't do real well in the Jeep Market either once the war ended.... It wasn't until the four doors came along that they really became a major powerhouse.

The Gladiator looks fantastic lifted... And truthfully as far as price goes... You're not going to get something that specialized for nothing.

I think that Fiat Chrysler is off the mark on displacement and you don't have to get on the internet very long at all to see that jeep owners want more power.

At the same time there is a balance to that... I have had a short wheelbase V8 Jeep and you couldn't hardly hang on to it... I'd get on the gas and things just happened too fast.

I'm glad Jeep is still around more than anything...I absolutely loved jeeps in my 20s it was pretty much my go-to vehicle ...I've owned 8, and it really look like in the mid-80s they weren't going to make it.

another thing that really bothered me was the fact that I didn't think Chrysler would make it so I sure didn't like the idea of Jeep falling into their hands... But honestly they help to save each other.

Funny how things work out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Starrs
I never did have a major complaint with it being brought to Market.... I had always taking the position that it just wasn't going to be the next Tacoma and sell 20,000 units a month.... And historically a new Jeep never did real well in the truck Market but also... To be real fair about it they didn't do real well in the Jeep Market once the war ended.... It wasn't until the four doors came along that they really became a major powerhouse.

The Gladiator looks fantastic lifted... And truthfully as far as price goes... You're not going to get something that specialized for nothing.

I think that Fiat Chrysler is off the mark on displacement and you don't have to get on the internet very long at all to see that jeep owners want more power.

At the same time there is a balance to that... I have had a short wheelbase V8 Jeep and you couldn't hardly hang on to it... You get on the gas and things just happened too fast.

I'm glad Jeep is still around more than anything...I absolutely loved jeeps in my 20s it was pretty much my go-to vehicle and it really look like in the mid-80s they weren't going to make it.
Niche market for sure. Hate them stock, but as you have mentioned lifted and on 37s they look pretty good. As far as pricing goes if I were to spec one out I would get no options, except the max tow on a sport build which gives you 4.10s and the bigger axles. I’d lift it 2-3” and put 37s on it. A build like that will only run you 42-43k for the JT and then figure another 5k or so for the wheels/tires and lift. Still pretty pricy, but a fraction of the built rubicon price.

Niche market for sure. Hate them stock, but as you have mentioned lifted and on 37s they look pretty good. As far as pricing goes if I were to spec one out I would get no options, except the max tow on a sport build which gives you 4.10s and the bigger axles. I’d lift it 2-3” and put 37s on it. A build like that will only run you 42-43k for the JT and then figure another 5k or so for the wheels/tires and lift. Still pretty pricy, but a fraction of the built rubicon price.
No manufacturer with a variation of the hottest selling SUV for a decade is going to take the low road.

they're not cheap ....but they're not in the stratosphere either.

Truthfully a nice TJ or LJ isn't cheap even 15 years down the road.... In relation to their sticker price.

I don't know where a manufacturer has to fall in terms of numbers to come out on the tooling and design for a new platform... But one thing that enters in is when the manufacturer has a lot of other good sellers... They can take something like the Gladiator and figure out the market with it over a few years.

here is something to think about and I may be a little bit out in left field...But I don't know of any automotive story that fits this description.... Name one stripped down 4 wheel drive vehicle that's ever been produced that went from being a niche/ fun/ enthusiast vehicle to being one of the most popular and best selling vehicles of all time... Only Jeep can say they have accomplished that.

Once you consider that... It makes you realize that they don't need to be underestimated with anything they bring to Market.

Last edited:
Sales numbers aren't too bad when looking at other midsize trucks. The eco diesel will surely bring a decent amount of new buyers to the table also.
View attachment 134786

Man, Ram is just killing it! I never thought I would see them catch Chevy. Well, I guess if you count GMC it puts GM back on top, but it is still amazing.

Man, Ram is just killing it! I never thought I would see them catch Chevy. Well, I guess if you count GMC it puts GM back on top, but it is still amazing.
I think there was one month this year that 60,000 Dodge trucks were sold.... That is phenomenal.

Reactions: mots
I bought a ram 2 years ago. With the deals going on then (and still now on classic models) I got 17k off msrp with zero negotiating. a comparably equipt silverado would have been 10k more.

It's hard to say no to this price if you're looking for a new truck. https://www.elkgrovedodge.net/new/Ram/2019-Ram-1500+Classic-e10c09ee0a0e0a170291550ce9019263.htm

Last edited:
Reactions: Starrs and mots
Holy discount. Do those discounts apply to everybody?
Not sure for out of state residents. When I bought mine (basically that exact truck) the deal was 17k off. I thought it would be a major pita having to deal with them but they gave it to me for that price no questions asked. They did only fill the tank 1/2 way and "forgot" the floor matts until I reminded them though.

Check out the number of trucks they have. It's quite insain.

Not sure for out of state residents. When I bought mine (basically that exact truck) the deal was 17k off. I thought it would be a major pita having to deal with them but they gave it to me for that price no questions asked. They did only fill the tank 1/2 way and "forgot" the floor matts until I reminded them though.

Check out the number of trucks they have. It's quite insain.
Yea every time I see a deal like that it makes me question how accurate it really is. They say you get this and this off but then you have to be in state, have a chrysler credit card, served in the military, be enrolled in college currently lol and before you know it that huge discount is maybe a grand off. You got a hell of a deal tho.

Reactions: Alex01
No manufacturer with a variation of the hottest selling SUV for a decade is going to take the low road.

they're not cheap ....but they're not in the stratosphere either.

Truthfully a nice TJ or LJ isn't cheap even 15 years down the road.... In relation to their sticker price.

I don't know where a manufacturer has to fall in terms of numbers to come out on the tooling and design for a new platform... But one thing that enters in is when the manufacturer has a lot of other good sellers... They can take something like the Gladiator and figure out the market with it over a few years.

here is something to think about and I may be a little bit out in left field...But I don't know of any automotive story that fits this description.... Name one stripped down 4 wheel drive vehicle that's ever been produced that went from being a niche/ fun/ enthusiast vehicle to being one of the most popular and best selling vehicles of all time... Only Jeep can say they have accomplished that.

Once you consider that... It makes you realize that they don't need to be underestimated with anything they bring to Market.

I would probably put the Toyota Pickup/Tacoma in there close as well. The Tacoma isn't anything exceptional but it sells like hotcakes.

Reactions: AndyG