WTB: 4WD Selector 'Brush'

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOTNSUV

NOW I Know!
Supporting Member
My '06 TJUR is missing the brush that fits in the opening for the 4WD Selector.
Anyone have a source for new or maybe one laying around they can part with?

Thanks.

Boot.jpg

Maybe try DaveysJeeps.com, however I don't know if they will let that go without selling the whole console.

I don't think that is usually sold as a separate part.
If it were me, I'd probably try and make something similar out of a couple of small bench brushes with the handles cut off.
Maybe attach them with 3M tape, or a silicon adhesive.

It wasn't a separate part on my 99. It has a slot in each end that goes over a plastic tab on the underside of the console, which then gets melted and deformed to hold the brush on. Once it comes off there's not even a great way to install a new one unless you want to use screws with heads visible at each end. I tried a couple different epoxies that were advertised to stick to plastic and metal but never could get anything to stick for more than a few days.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Thanks guys. Guess I'll just have to get over it until something brilliant occurs to me..lol.

It wasn't a separate part on my 99. It has a slot in each end that goes over a plastic tab on the underside of the console, which then gets melted and deformed to hold the brush on. Once it comes off there's not even a great way to install a new one unless you want to use screws with heads visible at each end. I tried a couple different epoxies that were advertised to stick to plastic and metal but never could get anything to stick for more than a few days.
Well a friend had one. Have yet to try to fit it.
Edit: Done deal, only needed one of the end pieces.

Last edited:
Reactions: MountaineerTom
Status
Not open for further replies.