5.9L swap advice

Wojoe

I am currently in the middle of my swap and the wiring is getting to me. I have a 2000 TJ 4.0 with an auto trans and I am swapping in a 2000 5.9L with an auto trans from a Durango. I have been comparing the pinouts on C1,C2, C3 and what I can tell they are identical. I know I will have to change some connectors on the TC since that is from my TJ. Is it possible I could just use the whole harness from the durango?

C1_LI.jpgC2_LI.jpgC3_LI.jpg

If the pin-outs are identical, I don’t see why not. The problem will be the programming.

Reactions: Wojoe
I am currently in the middle of my swap and the wiring is getting to me. I have a 2000 TJ 4.0 with an auto trans and I am swapping in a 2000 5.9L with an auto trans from a Durango. I have been comparing the pinouts on C1,C2, C3 and what I can tell they are identical. I know I will have to change some connectors on the TC since that is from my TJ. Is it possible I could just use the whole harness from the durango?

View attachment 109856View attachment 109857View attachment 109858

I just did an LS swap. You are probably going to have to keep the tj wiring and cpu for the body harness and run the Durango wiring and cpu for the engine harness like a standalone swap. The CPU's are pretty specific.

Only other thing would be to use the TJ sending units to run the gauges.

I ran the TJ C1/C2 for the body and dummy lights. Engine and trans were a standalone harness and CPU through Howell. All auto meter gauges. I had to pull the NSS and wiring from the 5.3 factory harness as Howell does not include. It is used for reverse lights and starter enable.

If you print off the wiring schematics for the TJ I can help you through them. They are easy once you know what you are looking at. Its when you take a few weeks off and have to relearn all over again!

You usually reference 3-4 schematics per device.

Get a good soldering iron, heatshrink, and a ton of 14/16/18 wire from ebay!!

Reactions: Wojoe and Daryl