IMG_20180830_104923721.jpg

IMG_20180830_104454722.jpg
IMG_20180830_104352542.jpg

IMG_20180831_154202144_HDR.jpg

:banana: almost ready to hear her run for the first time
IMG_20160617_185155-01-01.jpeg

FB_IMG_1471119911049-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Thats a hell of a first post... Nice! How much power are you expecting to put out with that?

That is gonna be a riot to drive! Is it safe to assume you're going to be running a 4L80 or something similar for a transmission? Also, did you do something in terms of coating the frame? The frame looks to be in incredible shape. I'm jealous!

LOL ... Big leagues from the 4 Banger it had for the last 21 years... Long way from a KOH Rig.

I am extremely happy with it

Last edited:
Reactions: tomtaylz
Haha... well yeah, you can't run the stock radiator with a V8, that's an exception to the OE Mopar radiator rule of thumb.

I am guessing you are not in the most friendly state of Cali ;) We can't do swaps like that legally here, damn. I would love a nice little 4 banger diesel in my jeep.

I am guessing you are not in the most friendly state of Cali ;) We can't do swaps like that legally here, damn. I would love a nice little 4 banger diesel in my jeep.
Not exactly correct. You can do an engine swap to a V8: Has to be same year or newer, from a light truck (no car engines), and have all the factory emissions pieces that the engine runs. After that, take it to a ref station for inspection and sticker. The diesel would be a tougher swap, if you could find one that meets the state requirements.

Not exactly correct. You can do an engine swap to a V8: Has to be same year or newer, from a light truck (no car engines), and have all the factory emissions pieces that the engine runs. After that, take it to a ref station for inspection and sticker. The diesel would be a tougher swap, if you could find one that meets the state requirements.

You are right! I should have said difficult, not impossible. The thing is, I talked to a couple of guys who have done it and it is not as easy task at all to pass the referee inspection.

Cheers

Reactions: Daryl
Hey I’m looking on doing a swap in my 2003 tj, I’m wondering how long it took you and about how much money cause I found a 6.0 and 4l80-e for $2,800 but I’m sure I can talk the guy down and also wondering what troubles you ran into

You are right! I should have said difficult, not impossible. The thing is, I talked to a couple of guys who have done it and it is not as easy task at all to pass the referee inspection.

Cheers

Even in CA with CARB it can be done and from the folks I have talked with a lot depends on the referee station you go to.