8.8 Axle Build

I actually thought doing doing a 4 link with coil-overs. But I decided to wait, I need to put that money somewhere else.

I was thinking about doing the same thing, but adding up the costs, I too think I'm going to hold off for a while.

Reactions: Dawghouse
I was thinking about doing the same thing, but adding up the costs, I too think I'm going to hold off for a while.
Could always do a 4 link with springs and shocks. That's my setup, and it works quite well.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Could always do a 4 link with springs and shocks. That's my setup, and it works quite well.

That’s whet I’m planning on doing with mine... well, at least until maybe one day I can afford coilovers and having them tuned and setup properly.

That’s whet I’m planning on doing with mine... well, at least until maybe one day I can afford coilovers and having them tuned and setup properly.
I hear you there, I keep thinking Oris in the rear would be nice so I can set em for the extra weight of an LJ... But I don't have that kind of money.

I hear you there, I keep thinking Oris in the rear would be nice so I can set em for the extra weight of an LJ... But I don't have that kind of money.

That would be nice indeed! I was looking at the King coilovers and I believe it’s $599 per coilover, plus $399 per air bump. That adds up fast!

Yah basically the same money as Oris. It's a tough decision.

Reactions: Chris

When you setup the 4 link. Did you set your pinion at the angle you needed then set your 4 link at 0*? This is how I set up my truss. When I was taking measurements it looked like I would get real close to getting into the fuel tank.

Yep, that's exactly how I did it. As to clearing the tank, I didn't include any stretch so it was not a problem.

3E2E2744-8C3F-4500-8CDE-C187D050A37A.jpeg

Nice build! I’m hoping to have mine in next weekend. I still have a few things to finish up this weekend. On that note, I still have to order my Driveshaft, rear track bar, and run brake lines. I’m just going to make a new hard line and the Ford passenger soft lines on each side for the brakes. Now that you have everything finished, if you were to buy a new track bar and driveshaft what would you get? I appreciate any input!!
AB85C28E-8248-4D8D-9082-8447D38AFBAA.jpeg
3E2E2744-8C3F-4500-8CDE-C187D050A37A.jpeg

Reactions: Boinked and Chris
View attachment 64565
Nice build! I’m hoping to have mine in next weekend. I still have a few things to finish up this weekend. On that note, I still have to order my Driveshaft, rear track bar, and run brake lines. I’m just going to make a new hard line and the Ford passenger soft lines on each side for the brakes. Now that you have everything finished, if you were to buy a new track bar and driveshaft what would you get? I appreciate any input!! View attachment 64566View attachment 64565

Wow, that think is bright! Powder coat or paint? How did you decide on that color?

Wow, that think is bright! Powder coat or paint? How did you decide on that color?
Paint
That isn’t even cleared yet! It is a mid-90’s Ford color Brilliant Saphire metallic paint. One of the last cars my dad and I built was a 32 Ford Vicky and we painted the frame and axle that color. That axle was only 32” wide though?

Reactions: Chris
I assume you're going to do the front axle in the same color? It's definitely unique!