8.8 brake hoses: Do stock TJ hoses work?

Assforkr

TJ Enthusiast
Ripping the 8.8 axle apart due to another leak and and going to replace the shafts, bearings and seals this time. Also wanted to move the caliper brake hoses a little further inboard so need to know if the banjo bolt brake hoses from a TJ will work on an 8.8 caliper? Banjo bolt for both seems to be 3/8x24 so just a matter of finding out if the banjo block fits the caliper connection.

Anyone know?

Ripping the 8.8 axle apart due to another leak and and going to replace the shafts, bearings and seals this time. Also wanted to move the caliper brake hoses a little further inboard so need to know if the banjo bolt brake hoses from a TJ will work on an 8.8 caliper? Banjo bolt for both seems to be 3/8x24 so just a matter of finding out if the banjo block fits the caliper connection.

Anyone know?
They are essentially the same caliper so yes.

Reactions: Assforkr
Thanks! BTW your wizard brackets worked wonderfully. Quality product. Just wish I had realized I needed to swap the backing plates before assembling the parking brake haha

Reactions: mrblaine
They are essentially the same caliper so yes.
@mrblaine, wanted to ask you a follow up. Doing the 8.8 bearings, oil seals and possibly axle shafts as well this weekend.

Wanted to know if there was a measure of how much wear to look for on the axle shafts to determine if I need to replace the shafts or keep OEM. I bought a pair from rockauto but if I don't have to do them would probably opt not to.

Second question is do the drum in hat parking brake shoes need replacing after gear oil exposure? Replace the shoes or generous bath in brake cleaner?

Thanks

@mrblaine, wanted to ask you a follow up. Doing the 8.8 bearings, oil seals and possibly axle shafts as well this weekend.

Wanted to know if there was a measure of how much wear to look for on the axle shafts to determine if I need to replace the shafts or keep OEM. I bought a pair from rockauto but if I don't have to do them would probably opt not to.
Any is bad.
Second question is do the drum in hat parking brake shoes need replacing after gear oil exposure? Replace the shoes or generous bath in brake cleaner?

Thanks
Clean them and they will be fine.

Reactions: Assforkr