$9,000 to much for 00' TJ Sport with 150k miles?

Looking at at a 00' Sport with over 152k miles.
6" lift
35s
Stinger front bumper
10500 lbs winch
Adjustable control arms
HD steering system
TOM Wood drive shafts
Upgraded rear bumper
Flowmaster exhaust
Poison spyder hood louver
Metal cloak fenders
Tub rinolined inside.
I have only seen pictures looks very nice and well maintained in pics. He is asking $9,000.
I am new to jeeps so not real sure what a fair price is. I know they hold their value pretty well. This jeep will have to be my daily driver for the next 4 yrs, so I'm a little concerned about the mileage. I appreciate any, and all advise anyone can give me.
Thanks for your time.

$9k seems high for an '00 with 152k miles. And that 6" lift has me concerned, there aren't many well designed 6" lifts so I'd be concerned with how well the Jeep steered (like if it has bump steer), ride quality, etc. There are a few good brand names in your list so they are at least encouraging. Can you take a good fairly close-up well lit (use a flash) pic of its front-end axle area so the entire steering system can be seen and post it here? Sometimes big lifts come with big problems in the steering geometry area.

Reactions: JP98 and FTI76
Looking at at a 00' Sport with over 152k miles.
6" lift
35s
Stinger front bumper
10500 lbs winch
Adjustable control arms
HD steering system
TOM Wood drive shafts
Upgraded rear bumper
Flowmaster exhaust
Poison spyder hood louver
Metal cloak fenders
Tub rinolined inside.
I have only seen pictures looks very nice and well maintained in pics. He is asking $9,000.
I am new to jeeps so not real sure what a fair price is. I know they hold their value pretty well. This jeep will have to be my daily driver for the next 4 yrs, so I'm a little concerned about the mileage. I appreciate any, and all advise anyone can give me.
Thanks for your time.

Don't expect to get more than low double digit mileage out of a TJ running 35s.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
How does the frame look? Get under it and inspect it with a fine tooth comb. If you find any serious rust, it's worth nothing in my book.

I would never consider buying any Wrangler until thoroughly inspecting the frame.

$9k seems high for an '00 with 152k miles. And that 6" lift has me concerned, there aren't many well designed 6" lifts so I'd be concerned with how well the Jeep steered (like if it has bump steer), ride quality, etc. There are a few good brand names in your list so they are at least encouraging. Can you take a good fairly close-up well lit (use a flash) pic of its front-end axle area so the entire steering system can be seen and post it here? Sometimes big lifts come with big problems in the steering geometry area.

I'll see if I can get the seller to send me a pic, and I'll ask him what lift is on it.
Thanks for your input.

I'll see if I can get the seller to send me a pic, and I'll ask him what lift is on it.
Thanks for your input.

How many miles do you drive a week on average? None of us own our TJs because they are fuel efficient, but if this is going to be your DD you need to be cognizant of just how much gas this will cost you.

How does the frame look? Get under it and inspect it with a fine tooth comb. If you find any serious rust, it's worth nothing in my book.

I would never consider buying any Wrangler until thoroughly inspecting the frame.

I will be sure to inspect the frame really well. If I decide it's worth me going to look at it.

What region of the country you're in dictates price as well. Here in the Pacific Northwest that Jeep would go for about 8-9k assuming it was rust free.

So that's something to consider as well.

MidWest, Indiana.

Yeah, they salt the roads out there, so be sure to carefully checkout the frame.

Now if it does end up being a clean, rust free example. Then yes, I could see it being worth 9k, because a rust free TJ in those parts is pretty uncommon.

If it's all rusty, then no way it's worth 9k in my book.

FWIW, I paid close to 10K for my 2000 sport with 83,000 on the clock just to give you an idea.
Frame is in really good shape, with minimal rust just where the skid plate mounted against it.
Mine did not have all the mods the one you are looking at has, which can be good or bad.

This is my opinion and mine alone. I think a TJ with a lift and all the mods done to is worth squat. Why? because whoever did the mods could be worthless with a wrench, they could have trailed it to death and that is 150K of trails and rocks and mud, and last but not least the rust could be all over that thing and painted over.

I bought mine, 2000 Sahara, less than 118k, a slight boost (approx 2" of height increase by measuring), zero rust, for 7K in NC. I double and triple checked the undercarriage for rust and driveline issues and all of the main points were new (or at least fresh black paint as if new). I took that as a sign it was all done by a mechanic or at least someone who was good with a wrench. To me it was a steal and I bought it.

Again this is just my opinion. Good luck.

Reactions: egclassic
This is my opinion and mine alone. I think a TJ with a lift and all the mods done to is worth squat. Why? because whoever did the mods could be worthless with a wrench, they could have trailed it to death and that is 150K of trails and rocks and mud, and last but not least the rust could be all over that thing and painted over.

I bought mine, 2000 Sahara, less than 118k, a slight boost (approx 2" of height increase by measuring), zero rust, for 7K in NC. I double and triple checked the undercarriage for rust and driveline issues and all of the main points were new (or at least fresh black paint as if new). I took that as a sign it was all done by a mechanic or at least someone who was good with a wrench. To me it was a steal and I bought it.

Again this is just my opinion. Good luck.

Agreed, unless the current owner can show receipts for the work that has been done, by a pro.
When I bought mine the PO had receipts for everything that was done to it.

Reactions: dangjalopy
Receipts can cause the value to increase.

And you'll know that the work wasn't done by a backyard mechanic.
Don't get me wrong, alot of people can do great work on their own, but its hard to convince a buyer that "you" know what you are doing.
I would offer him (her) 7K and see what they say!
I have a Harley as well, and the one thing I learned is, just because you put a shit ton of extras on it doesn't make it worth more.
Same goes with modded jeeps, trucks and cars imo.

And you'll know that the work wasn't done by a backyard mechanic.
Don't get me wrong, alot of people can do great work on their own, but its hard to convince a buyer that "you" know what you are doing.
I would offer him (her) 7K and see what they say!
I have a Harley as well, and the one thing I learned is, just because you put a shit ton of extras on it doesn't make it worth more.
Same goes with modded jeeps, trucks and cars imo.
I agree the extras are normally a give away! He says he has most or all of the original parts

I'll bet dollars to donuts it's rusted out on the bottom. But hey... I hope for both our sake that I'm wrong!