97 2.5 Heater Hose discontinued and hard to find...

CBRacerX

I’m deep into replacing the cooling system on my 1997 2.5 and sourcing one of the heater hoses is turning into a challenge. The heater core feed hose is an 11/16” ID molded hose from the thermostat housing to the heater core upper connection. I’ve been to Advance Auto, NAPA and the Mopar Dealer - none of them have the hose - it is no longer available,

Has anyone tried using a 4.0 hose and cutting it shorter with a connector? Here is the hose in question, and the second pic is of the heater return hose that goes to the water pump - which was not a problem to find.

1EBFF7EE-8783-4361-A40B-33D97739F9E4.jpeg
6F0341BF-60A6-4E03-9DE6-E3BA0EB6AAFD.jpeg

CBRacer I have the same setup. I got my 97 2.5 in Nov and immediately pulled head had a complete valve job done. I used the next size hose, guessing 3/4" I'D? I cut to length, used the factory pinch clamp at the firewall and so far no leaks.
The hose will stay in place if your engine still has what I call 'hose guides' which are anchored at the left side of the valve cover.
I took a pic of mine. See below, u can get by just fine without the molded hose

Last edited:
Reactions: CBRacerX
Pic shows hose anchor (secured by a valve cover bolt) I just threaded the new hoses thru the plastic keeper - and they will sort of conform to shape on their own after a couple dozen heat/cool cycles
20180203_160754.jpg

Reactions: CBRacerX
https://www.gates.com/search-by-vehicle

http://www.daycoproducts.com/parts?category_id=1084

They look to be available. Both catalogs call out the same two part numbers as my 2.5 2001. But on my engine, there is a vertical plastic hose clip that slips over a valve cover stud. If you buy the two hoses called out in any of these after-market catalogs, the "heater core to pipe" hose doesn't have the proper dog-leg to fit into the this clip. Better off buying two p/n 87684 hoses and trimming the ends

Heater hose.JPG

Reactions: KCsTJ