'97 2.5 rough start, stalls occasionally

Deuxdiesel

TJ Enthusiast
'97 2.5, has stalled at least once per drive recently- tach drops to zero, but turning the key while rolling will restart it. Some roughness at cold start with idle wandering all over the place. I have done the following-

New MOPAR TPS
Aftermarket IAC
New Bosch fuel pump less than 500 miles ago
battery is charged, connections good
No codes when scanned

It is exhibiting the same behavior as before I changed the fuel pump.

Thoughts on what to do next? Mopar IAC?

Something else possibly related- my airbag light was on for a while, and now it's off, but my seatbelt lights stays on or flashes no matter what. I have read that the seatbelt light is the default for the airbag light, so it's possible that the clock spring is bad, which may cause TPS symptoms? Sounds convoluted, but nothing surprises me with the Chrysler engineering.

Still looking for feedback. I changed the clockspring, but the seatbelt light still flashes at start-up and stays on. Went for a quick drive and I had something new- when it stumbled/surged, the tach shot up to about 3000 RPM from the 2200 I was driving at and then came back down. Any input would be appreciated.

Hm. I had a similar issue when the clockspring in my 97 went out. It also kept my damn airbag light and IIRC seatbelt light illuminated all the time. Upon fixing it a month later both lights vanished...
Are there any shops round you that offer a free diagnostic or even a low priced one? To me it sounds like some kind of electrical gremlin but I myself aren't too sure.
Unless someone pops in here with a solution that's my reccomendation. Especially if the computer ain't throwing codes.

The saga continues, but might be improving. I replaced the airbag bulb, so the seatbelt light is now off, but of course the airbag light is on full time now. I did put in new Mopar cap, rotor and plug wires, which seems to help a little. Shops are looking for $100 to do an SRS scan. If anyone knows of a code reader that works for our TJ's in the same price range, I would rather just buy one to have for the future.