97 / 98 tub swap, paint job, and overhaul

Yep, Pman had the tub. Super fair price, and he gave me a ton of pointers and things to look out for while u was doing thus. Couldn't have asked for better, and would certainly work with him again. I think we spent far more time BSing than we did actually getting the tub loaded up, haha.

Yep, Pman had the tub. Super fair price, and he gave me a ton of pointers and things to look out for while u was doing thus. Couldn't have asked for better, and would certainly work with him again. I think we spent far more time BSing than we did actually getting the tub loaded up, haha.
Dude you have done an amazing job in a short amount of time..nice work

Reactions: Wildman and Squatch
Dude you have done an amazing job in a short amount of time..nice work
Thanks, I appreciate it. Still a few nagging things getting knocked out. I just swapped out the steering gear last night as it had about 10 degrees of play on the input shaft. Picking up my pitman arm today to finish that up. I can hear a small exhaust leak, but the header seems to be fine from what I can see, and I need to get a soft top for it. The hard top that was on there had some damage, and the wife wants a soft top, so no complaints from me since I won't have to repair the fiberglass, haha.

Reactions: P man
Thanks, I appreciate it. Still a few nagging things getting knocked out. I just swapped out the steering gear last night as it had about 10 degrees of play on the input shaft. Picking up my pitman arm today to finish that up. I can hear a small exhaust leak, but the header seems to be fine from what I can see, and I need to get a soft top for it. The hard top that was on there had some damage, and the wife wants a soft top, so no complaints from me since I won't have to repair the fiberglass, haha.
Plus you can sell the hardtop and have a nice chunk of change towards a soft top. I would buy a used oem soft top frame and then look at your top choices. I personally bought a cheapo smittybilt top and it fit fine just a little noisier than I like but it's cheap so I can't complain.

I would inspect the exhaust manifold those are always cracked if they haven't been replaced. The pace you are working at will require another project soon!!!