97 Black Jeep TJ Nomad : Transformed for 2020 and beyond

jeepbastard

I got this jeep I've had for 20 years. She's crossed the country with me and been everywhere from Moab at Utah to the Florida Everglades, From The Rockies to the Andirondacks, a couple of burning mans and outlived all my relationships. She's been stolen (and i hunted them down and took it back)

She's my baby and her name is Nomad.

I think most people would have discarded their jeep by now after all she has been thru, but I finally blew her engine after 20 years from a series of dumb mistakes - and now I'm at a crossroads and I decided to rebuild her one last time so she can go out like a champ. Feel free to make suggestions , or tell me im stupid — but this thread will show her being reborn for one last shot of glory off road before she gets retired for a XJ or 4 Door JK (or both!) —

This is her in her prime circa 2010 originating out of NY
nomadl.jpg

I took her cross country multiple times , i use her for work too so I havent had a backseat in her for years.
It's more fun if they ride on the floor anyway.

IMG_20101018_172150.jpg

At the rim of the grand canyon from the st george route. 100 miles to the rim.
IMG_20140517_112546.jpg

The day before her engine went pop

Then last month a pulley went south on the highway and the belted popped off in the middle of a night desert run to get to another city.

20200505_083422.jpg

Stranded on the ten , the sun rises. Pretty sure the head is cracked. I never seen a engine steam off like that and it streamed from the side (i never cracked a head before)
20200506_052140.jpg

Luckily a friend out of AZ came to tow me , whew it was 115 out there!
I hid underneath the jeep sipping my dwindling water covered in desert flies that havent had a mammal to land in months!
20200506_153437.jpg

She;'s beat up —- but i love her — time to get to fucking work
20200716_210857.jpg